What's new

Any leads to some cheap poster frames?? (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
I have about 15 posters to frame up and like frames at Walmart. They are black aluminum (24x36)with a plastic pane and cost $14.95 each. Does anybody know of any cheaper options for me?? thanks in advance
Gregg
------------------
Link Removed
The Newest Sonotube
Gregg's DVDs
The Family Units

Jon Van Dalen

Auditioning
i'd say just frame your favorites... frames are expensive no matter what, and 14.95 actually sounds dirt cheap to me. i've seen aluminum frames with glorified plastic panes for $50 or $100 In fact, I think I'll go check wal mart myself
jon

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
$14.95 is deal anywhere. Just be glad you're framing the 24 x 36 posters. Those are a generic size and most stores carry frames that size.
I've seen that size frame at my local WalMart for less than $10. I can't promise that the frame was aluminum....could've been some sort of plastic, but it looked exactly the same as all the other frames they had.
If you have any of the larger theatrical release posters and need the big 27 x 40 frames, you'll have to search high and low to find them for less than $50. There's a website called www.frameusa.com where you can get those big frames for about $25 or so. The best I've ever been able to find. Their shipping is ridiculous, but it still winds up being cheaper than most.

greg jones

Stunt Coordinator
I frequent the Big 3 (Kmart, Walmart, Target), and look in the clearance section for framed artwork. I bought 6 pictures last year that were UGLY, but had a nice black frame and clear acrylic "glass" in them. I ended up paying less than $5 a piece. The backing came off quite easily and I was able to slide my posters right in.
If you have a Target in your area and it's anything like the one in my town, there is ALWAYS an amazing amount of clearance items to look through.
------------------
Greg

Martice

Screenwriter
You can go to Frameplace.com and they have excellent prices for Poster Frames as well as Poster Hangers. They have a sister site that allows you to purchase 27 x 40 frames for as little as $11.00 as long as your overall order is $100.00 or more.
The most expensive price I've seen on their site is $24.00 for 27 X 40 poster frame.
Check it out!
------------------
What if it gets no better than this!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks