Any larger ( bigger than 43in) 16:9 w/o stand?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Geordy, Aug 12, 2001.

1. Geordy

Geordy Stunt Coordinator

Currently I am looking at the 43 in hitachi as my choice. I showed it to my fiancee yesterday and she said "Can't we get a bigger one?"
    Dear lord, am I a luck man!
    Anyway, we need one like this w/o a stand because it is going on a wall-unit that already has a 14 in clearance. The mitsubishi 46809 is too deep (we have 23 in to work with)
    Is there anything else?
    Geordy

2. Brian Mello

Brian Mello Stunt Coordinator

I bought a 47" Panny at Sears for $1699 and its 25" deep. I think they also carry the 50" Toshiba but I don't know how deep it is! [​IMG]

3. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Samsung has a 50 inch widescreen LCD projector that is 18 inches deep. Their website is www.samsungusa.com. I have a 40 inch model in my bedroom system for about 6 mos.

4. Geordy

Geordy Stunt Coordinator

is the samsung THAT good? it would be perfect...although i would have to become a male prostitute to buy it but....
    is it that good?
    geordy
    ------------------

5. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

6. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    I like my Samsung in the bedroom system. I use it with a Sony 9000ES DVD. The one thing to think about with an LCD is that it may require a bulb replacement every few years that may be $200-225. I use the bedroom TV on sleep timer for about 120 minutes per day and watch a minority of my movies in there. So it is not something that gets very heavy use that would bother me. If you will do very heavy amounts of viewing it is something that you may wish to look more into and specific costs and life of the bulb. I'd be curious as to what you find.