What's new

Any larger ( bigger than 43in) 16:9 w/o stand? (1 Viewer)

Geordy

Stunt Coordinator
Currently I am looking at the 43 in hitachi as my choice. I showed it to my fiancee yesterday and she said "Can't we get a bigger one?"
Dear lord, am I a luck man!
Anyway, we need one like this w/o a stand because it is going on a wall-unit that already has a 14 in clearance. The mitsubishi 46809 is too deep (we have 23 in to work with)
Is there anything else?
Geordy

Brian Mello

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a 47" Panny at Sears for $1699 and its 25" deep. I think they also carry the 50" Toshiba but I don't know how deep it is! :)

Geordy

Stunt Coordinator
is the samsung THAT good? it would be perfect...although i would have to become a male prostitute to buy it but....
is it that good?
geordy
------------------

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I like my Samsung in the bedroom system. I use it with a Sony 9000ES DVD. The one thing to think about with an LCD is that it may require a bulb replacement every few years that may be $200-225. I use the bedroom TV on sleep timer for about 120 minutes per day and watch a minority of my movies in there. So it is not something that gets very heavy use that would bother me. If you will do very heavy amounts of viewing it is something that you may wish to look more into and specific costs and life of the bulb. I'd be curious as to what you find.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks