What's new

Any jugglers out there? (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I have been juggling on and off for about 20 years. It all started when I met a smug juggler by the nickname "frog". A friend of mine and I were at the local high school for open swim waiting for my mom to pick us up. There was a dressed rehearsal for the school's "Christmas Feaste" that night (a sort of mideival dinner with jesters and such). Anyway, "frog" was standing in the hall with his friend juggling tennis balls. He just thought he was the shizit because he could do a cascade and bounce a ball off of his knee occasionally (it went bouncing away most of the time).

So, I went home and was determined to teach myself to juggle. Within a year I was begging my parents to find me some clubs... and then torches.

Anyone else juggling? I miss juggling with others. They say you haven't really juggled until you learn to pass with someone.. it's true.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I can only juggle 3 objects. The greater than 3 objects juggling eludes me.

I taught myself after watching one of my teachers in 7th grade do some juggling in class. I can do 4, but it's the lame 2-in-one hand juggling, no criss-crossing of the 4.

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
I learned how to juggle for my senior project in high school. Mostly taught myself, but had some help along the way. I can only juggle 3 objects and have only tried passing a little, that was hard. I can juggle clubs though. While I was learning, my favorite thing to do was pick up three objects at random and try to juggle them. Even though I've sporadically juggled in the 8 years since, I still can do it with little degradation in skill. (It's like riding a bike.)

Have any of you seen Michael Moschen juggle? (He appeared as David Bowie's hands in Labrynth.) That guy is simply amazing. The stuff he does looks impossible.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Have any of you seen Michael Moschen juggle?
I've never seen him.. except for his hands in Labrynth. I have seen The Flying Karamazov Brothers. They are hillarious, and the things they do with rhythms are just amazing. I think they still do shows out west. They appeared in Romancing the Stone II. They were the nomadic jugglers. They had a special on Showtime back in the 80's, I believe.

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
I've seen the Karamazov Brothers too. They're very good and put on a great show. But they're nowhere near the level that Moschen is. He's in a class all by himself. I saw a video of his a few years ago, but have no idea how to find it again. If you get the chance to see him in any form, do so.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
I taught myself waaaay back in high-school and still have five or six juggler balls around I use to relieve stress/grief/anger/ect. Drives my cat crazy with that many things moving at once. Don't know why but it works like a charm every time. The part that took me the longest to learn was getting my bad hand to toss properly.

Dean

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks