What's new

Any Jeff Buckley fans here? I need some help. (1 Viewer)

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
My girlfriend said she wants a Jeff Buckley CD but the problem is I am not sure which one or ones are the best. I was hoping someone here could enlighten me on this matter. Maybe rank the albums or something to that nature. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Eric

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Grace is the one to get since it is the only proper album he released. Sketches For My Sweetheart the Drunk would probably be your next best option, but Grace is definitely the way to go.

Eric T

Second Unit
I agree. Grace is an incredible album. Sketches was released after his death, and most of the songs were never completely finished in production. Some are 4-track demos. It's a must-have for Buckley fans, but Grace is definitely the way to go for a first taste of Buckley's music.

Rick Deschaine

Stunt Coordinator
Eric,
I will echo the prevailing sentiment about Grace also, but you should supplement that with Live at Sin-E. EP Live tracks from an early performance in New York City. Great stuff.
There's also a great DVD of a Live Performance in Chicago titled Jeff Buckley - Live in Chicago (obvious eh?) Your girlfriend will love that.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Grace is his only full CD release done while he was alive. It's a great album in several ways, but especially for his version of Leonard Cohen's song "Hallelujah."
I was at that concert in Chicago. I still can't watch it, it just breaks me up too much.

Dave Isham

Grip
Grace is the way to go. If you feel like getting her a bonus ep, I think Live at the Bataclan has some great performances (a good recording too) Bataclan's "The Way Young Lovers Do" rolls over the Sine version...

Jack Keck

Second Unit
I've only heard one song by Jeff Buckley. But it is a great one. It's his rendition of "Kick Out the Jams". I have mo idea what cd it's on, but it must be a good one.

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for everyone's help. Me, being completely clueless about this artist, never knew he recorded only one album while alive....how tragic. Sorry for my ignorance in this matter.

-Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks