Any Invoice and Statement Proffesionals here?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DeathStar1, Aug 25, 2005.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I'm doing some research for my fathers company on digitizing his invoice and statements part of the buisness, but I need to research the history of the companies that I find through my searches..

Can anyone recomend a good company that provides software to do the following? ' invoices that combines scanning of documents, extraction of information and automatic loading to the accounting system.'

I've been told our accounting program is Kamus(?) so it would need to interface with that. Once we get these things digitized, finding and organizing them should get it done that much faster. It took me two days to go through the month of January and got darn confusing as soon as the papers starting piling up..

Thanks!
    Neil

2. chris_everett

chris_everett Second Unit

While not accounting specific, we use a program that does the "scanning, information extract, insert into database" bit. It's expensive, and tempermental. Name is (IIRC) teleform.

I would _not_ recommend the route you seem to be going down, assuming this is a typical small company. If you provide more information, I might be able to suggest something useful.

3. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Well, it's a small company in the engineering buisness. We have Invoices(white paper) and matching statements(yellow paper) that would have to be scanned into a database that would be searchable, able to bring up the exact document we scan in, and be able to reprint that document in as close a match as possible to the original if needed.

If you need any more info, or if anyone does, LMK and I'll get more answers [​IMG]

Thanks all [​IMG]

4. chris_everett

chris_everett Second Unit

Print a bar code on you Invoices/statements (don't use carbons) Scan in the bar code as a "key", and scan the document under that number. We use another product "Paperclip" to do that. If you know a reasonably capable programmer, they can probably write you something to do it cheaper. (We've re-written most of the original paperclip software we purchased) That way you avoid the whole OCR/handwriting recognition nightmare.