What's new

Any interest in the Fox Demo Disc #1 DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
I "gave some away", for $5, which was the cost of shipping (these discs were free in the stores).
Pardon me for being the "stick-in-the-mud" here...but isn't $5.00 a little expensive for shipping ONE disc???
Where exactly do you live, Matt??? Tahiti???

I just mailed 22 DVDs to someone in NY and it cost me under $8 bucks!

Sounds like there's quite a profit to be made just by shipping "free" discs. Personally, I obtained one of these discs for $0.99 from BestBuy last year and I wasn't impressed with it (plus all the coupons had expired already). I didn't think it was worth the $.99, either.

I'd suggest asking your local BestBuys if they have any left in their back rooms.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Matt,
I remember the day well when I got mine. 8:30am in Best Buy madhouse they day after Thanksgiving. I waited an hour to get it. It is routinely fetching $20 on eBay.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Sounds like there's quite a profit to be made just by shipping "free" discs.
Let's break it down:
Packaging $1.00
Labels $.25
Shipping (Media Mail, Uninsured) $1.75
Total $3.00
Profit ---> $2.00

I'm not trying to come down on you, but it doesn't seem like a windfall to me.

If Matt were trying to make money, he'd go to ebay. I think he's just trying to make a hard-to-find disc available to his fellow HTF'ers.

Seth T

Stunt Coordinator
I'm interested too. Missed the first time around, and missed at BB. DOH

Thanks!

Seth

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I got one of these discs for free last year. A nice little tool, but nothing spectacular.

As a heads up, I recently saw the Best Buy near me still had a few of these discs in the "Other" section. They were marked at $4.99 but may ring up as free. My original disc was marked for this price as well but rang up free.

J

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Nathan and Frank, for the kind words and back-up. :) You guys are pretty much right on--after the costs of Priority Mail (50 discs/$150+) and the envelopes, I'm left with about seventy-five cents "profit" a disc--which doesn't factor in the time it's going to take to hand-write the fifty address labels, waiting in line at the post office, the headache of keeping track of everybody's orders, dealing with non-U.S. orders, etc. So its hardly worth it, monetarily--I'm only doing this to help out the people here who either got shafted at their local Best Buy last Thanksgiving, or people who didn't have access to them to begin with.
I've got about as many people interested now as I have discs, so I'm going to go ahead and cut off the requests now. Don't want to have more interested people than I have discs, you know.
I need to get some sleep and figure out the best way to handle this, so I will post the details tomorrow, probably in a separate thread. Most likely, to make it easier for me, I'll do this in waves of ten people at a time, in roughly the order that they posted here. Non-U.S. residents (of which I count seven right now), I'll group together at the end, so I can handle all of those at the same time. This will probably be at least a two-month process, to get everybody taken care of--so those at near the end of the list, who have just recently posted, it might take a while--but I will get the discs to you. Just have to be patient with me, because I'm pretty much doing this all by myself. :)
Thanks everybody!
Matt, The Great Profiteer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks