What's new

Any interest in a couple year old 40" Toshiba HDTV (1 Viewer)

Gary Murrell

Supporting Actor
Hey Guys

I have here a 40" toshiba HDTV that is sitting unused since I built my theater and went to front ptojection

Model # TW-40x81

I bought it in nov 2001 and it has sit for over a year or more
so it has been used maybe 2 years max

It has given me nothing but pleasure since

It is a very small HDTV that takes up no space at all

it goes for 1400 plus shipping refurbished online, so we are talking around 1600$ shipped for a refurbished model online

here is a review of this TV:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...tv-3-2000.html

and a yahoo group:

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/TW40X81/

shipping via fedex freight wouldn't be all that much if you weren't able to pickup locally

I shipped a 55inch HDTV for around 200.00 or less a year ago via fedex freight, they are class acts and really quick, it arrived in 3 days and was told by the buyer it was treated perfect by fed ex

It is a fabulous little TV, get him calibrated up and it would put out a beautiful image

I have owned lots of rptvs, all of them have had little quirks and image problems, this is the only HDTV i have ever owned that is perfect, and the build quality is impecable, made in Tennessee USA not mexico like other brands i have owned

let me know at [email protected] if anyone is interested or would like to discuss anything

-Gary

Chris White

Second Unit
Could I interest you in a trade for a Pioneer Elite CLD-79 Laserdisc Player with demodulator and my laserdisc collection (about 33 movies)?

I figure it's a long shot, but what the heck. :)

Gary Murrell

Supporting Actor
hello

maybe chris, could you please post a list of the flicks and the model of the demod

thanks

-Gary

Chris White

Second Unit
It's a Kenwood demodulator. My laserdisc collection:

Aladdin, Batman & Robin (5.1), Beverly Hills Cop (P&S), Braveheart (5.1), Cliffhangers, Close Encounters (P&S), Doc Hollywood (P&S), E.T., Escape from L.A. (5.1), Executive Decision (5.1), The Godfather I & II (5.1), Indiana Jones Trilogy (2 are P&S), Jackie Brown (5.1), Jurassic Park (DTS), Jurassic Park: The Lost World (DTS), Mission: Impossible (5.1), National Lampoon's Vacation (P&S), Pulp Fiction, Rain Man, The Road Warrior, Robocop, The Saint (5.1), Schindler's List, Silence of the Lambs, Star Wars Trilogy (5.1, Special Edition), Star Wars Episode 1: Phantom Menace (5.1), Stargate (DTS), Strange Days (5.1), Toy Story

Features of the Pioneer Elite CLD-79 Laserdisc Player

Product Review of the Pioneer CLD-79 Laserdisc Player

Gary Murrell

Supporting Actor
No takers on this fabulous HDTV???,
any interest just email me

I just did a greyscale calibration on this set and man was the image improved I mean big time, my readings pre calibration were:

23,000k at 100IRE
4,100k at 20IRE

Post were:

6780k at 100IRE
6520k at 20IRE

This set still thrills me everytime I turn it on, it would make a fabulous unit for smaller spaces

I am viewing as I type the Superbit edition of "Fifth Element" thru my Momitsu DVD player at 1080i, gorgeous

If the buyer would want i can do a full tuneup for both 1080i and 480p inputs before it leaves me, including:

greyscale
full geometry
full convergence
optics cleaning
lens focusing and electronic focusing
color control setup

ETC ETC

all included in the 800$ or so price

thanks

email gdmurrell1 "AT" mikrotec.com if interested

-Gary

Gary Murrell

Supporting Actor
Asking price lowered another 100$, i need to rid my self of this fine HDTV, it is taking up space

675$ total with local pickup would be one hell of a amazing deal, I paid almost 3000$ a little over 3 years ago

-Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks