Any Integra owners here ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_Ho, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Jeff_Ho

Jeff_Ho Extra

Hello,

I've been thinking of purchasing the Integra DSP 7.1 model but also comparing it to the Yamaha RXV 2200. Haven't seen anyone really talk about the Intergra receivers and wondered if there are any owners out there that would like to share their experience.

Jeff

2. Oscar W

Oscar W Stunt Coordinator

I have an older Integra DTR-7 that I thoroughly enjoy. Have had it about 2-years, not a single problem.

3. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Jeff,

I own an Integra DTR-6.2 and really like it. Are you aware that the 7.1 is last years model? Integra's are fine receivers... very simple to use, sound great, DPLII, plenty of inputs etc..

4. Jeff_Ho

Jeff_Ho Extra

Hello Chip E ,

No I wasn't aware the 7.1 was last year's model. I was just going by what they had listed on their website yesterday. Hopefully, I'll be listening to one of these units tomorrow after class.

Jeff

5. Doug G

Doug G Auditioning

Hey Jeff,

I picked up a DTR-7.2 (over the Denon 3802 since it had some goodies like THX and 12V triggers) and have loved it since day one. I do, however, notice a slight fuzzy ticking sound while changing the volume as been reported in another forum with the Onkyo 797 (the Onkyo equivalent) but I'm not really bothered by it and am waiting to see if there is a real problem and resolution. The setup was easy and doesn't really require a monitor (unlike Denon) and the degree of customization I've acheived with it has suited my needs for this application quite nicely. So, its only been a couple months, but no real complaints so far!

Good luck whichever model you choose.

6. Jeff_Ho

Jeff_Ho Extra

That sounds good Doug, may I ask what you paid for it, and where you got it. I talked to a local authorized dealer today, but he didn't have one in stock. I tried looking for some prices on the net and couldn't find any.

Jeff

7. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Stunt Coordinator

my integra has 80000 miles on it. hehehe

8. Jeff_Ho

Jeff_Ho Extra

Does anyone know of any online dealers that sell these Integra A/V receivers ? I would like to see some prices on the different models.

Thanks

9. Michael_T

Michael_T Second Unit

10. Jeff_Ho

Jeff_Ho Extra

Interesting Michael. thanks for pointing that out. I did find a couple places on the net tonight that sells them. I know they're not Authorized dealers, but I just wanted to find out the going prices. Saw a 7.1 for 990.00 on the net. Hope to demo a unit this weekend before making my final decision between this 7.1 and a yamaha RX-V2200.

Jeff

11. Oscar W

Oscar W Stunt Coordinator

There used to be a guy that would sell them 'online' at New Orleans A/V at VERY good prices. Got my DTR-7 from them for $825, brand spankin' new, local dealer wanted $1050.
    Alas, Onkyo started to come down hard on him about selling outside of his region, so he may not be doing it anymore. It's worth a shot though.
    NOAV is an authorized Integra dealer. They don't list any Integra products on their website, you have to call them and ask for this guy specifically. Unfortunately I don't recall his name.

12. BryantH

BryantH Auditioning

I spent the last six months comparing the Denon 3802 and the Integra 7.2. I purchased the Integra primarily because of the RS-232 port, IR triggers and A-BUS technology. I love the unit (upgrade from Dolby Pro) including the remote. One thing I did not compare until the last minute was the physical size of the Integra. It is a full two inches deeper than the Denon. I ended up cutting the back off my cabinet in order to make connections.

13. BryantH

BryantH Auditioning

The Integra line also has a 3 year warranty.

14. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

I also have an Integra DTR-7 receiver and love it to Death if I would have had the money I would have got its bigger brother. As stated above a couple of features which are great about the Integra is the Gold plated inputs, refined look (Over Onkyo), and a 3 year warranty. If you buy online you will NOT get the 3 year warranty as Integra is pretty stiff about this policy. (They do ask for receipts). I am sure you could ask the local dealer to come down in price as you can get it online for xx price. See what he will do, tell him he needs to come down in price or he will lose your business.

KyleS

15. Randy G

Randy G Second Unit

If anybody's not happy with their local dealer, I can hook them up with an authorized b&m dealer in Illinois who sells at 20% off list, but do your homework first so that he doesn't have to quote prices for 20 different models. Feel free to email me at [email protected],
    but be prepared to give your phone number so that we can verify you're not a competing dealer on a fishing to get him in trouble. This dealer is great to work with and he provides superb service.
    Regards,
    Randy