What's new

Any info on Panasonic DMR-HS2 DVD/HDD recorder (1 Viewer)

Chuck Antinoro

Auditioning
Any info on the dmr-hs2 would be appreciated:

Does creating a playlist on the HD mean creating chapter marks and basic on-screen navigation (obviously nothing fancy like on DVD burning software)?

If so, does chapter mark and on-screen nav burned to a DVD-R play on players other than dmr-hs2?

When transferring from HDD to DVD-R and vice versa, is there any degradation?

I know this is a hairy topic, but any idea waht is more compatible, DVD-R or DVD+R? I've heard so many conflicting reports.

Thanks

Eugene Hsieh

Supporting Actor
If so, does chapter mark and on-screen nav burned to a DVD-R play on players other than dmr-hs2?
Not too many can tell you about the HS2's specifics, since it's not out yet.

However, on the HS2's little brother (E30), any separately recorded titles recorded to DVD-R are maintained in the finalized DVD-R as separate titles. Markers set within each title are lost, but the E30 puts chapter markers every 5 minutes or so.

Now this is the E30. I suspect the HS2's feature set may be more robust, since it will be the flagship machine, and because harddrive editing will necessitate a more rounded out editing menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks