What's new

Any Info On Future Availability Of These Many Titles? (1 Viewer)

Matt<>Broon

Stunt Coordinator
Which is why he then added the joke "Is there something I should know about my DVDs?" ;)
Actually I posted at work and whilst I was posting I could have sworn I had it on DVD. I'd have bet money on it.

However when I got home and pulled apart my DVD collection trying to find it so I could pass on the details I couldn't find it at all. Eventually I discovered it in VHS format.. So I guess that must be what I was thinking about.

Funny thing was I really was 100% convinced I had it on Disc too.

D'oh!

Time for me to exit thread left, blushing furiously methinks! :b

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
David

I just wanted to let you know that Shock is out on DVD by Alpha. They are a cut-rate company (although their DVD covers are better than most) so purchase at your own risk.

Paul Drake

Stunt Coordinator
I'll bet YOU (personally) are looking forward to seasonal DVD releases of Perry Mason, eh??
You bet. A great show. Even if the sidekick was a goofy guy whose name escapes me at the moment.

I'm not holding my breath though. The first season alone ran 39 episodes with the others holding steady at about 30. At 4 per disk we're talking 8 to 10 per season. I know Columbia House was doing these for awhile, but $30 (plus shipping) for 2 shows???

Paul

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Wish that list was alphabetical, I hope I didn't overlook anything on it.

Anyway, what about a real version, (not a POS), of THE FINAL COUNTDOWN.

Then there is the myriad of non-anamorphic titles that need re-released in ANAMORPHIC.

Armageddon
Deep Impact
Crimson Tide
Enemy of the State
Top Gun ... may be coming
Titanic ... already mentioned and may be coming (see other threads on this one)
Days of Thunder
Mrs. Doubtfire

Just what I can remember, off the top of my head.

Christopher*KH

Stunt Coordinator
I think he means the SE that was released in Region2.
Would this DVD of Raging Bull be the 20th Anniversary Edition I found at this website....
http://www.totaldvd.net/cgi-bin/dvdr....php?dvdid=375

If so why the heck can't we get this here?!?! The photo they have of the DVD and packaging looks very nice.
ALSO a preference I have would be BILOXI BLUES with M.Broderick and C.Walken.
And a widescreen S.E. of HAPPY GILMORE would be nice.
I read that REAL MEN with Jim Belushi and John Ritter is coming out soon BUT in FULLSCREEN!!:angry:
what is with that?!?!:angry:

Real Name
Anthony
That IS the RAGING BULL disc but trust me, the admittedly-gorgeous packaging is the best thing about this disc. The doc is ok but more like a segment from a movie channel interview with Thelma Schoonmaker (with some English hack chipping in now and then) ; the absence of Scorses and DeNiro leaves it a long way short of definitive. The rest of the disc is really centred on LaMotta - the jokes section is redundant and there's a few crappy stills.
I know it's not much comfort to hear that - I'd want it too if the situation was reversed. But -packaging aside - this non-anamorphic disc feels like a rush job, and I'm certain the eventual S.E of this will blow it out of the water.
If it doesn't, it'll defeat its own purpose. :)

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
Re: Tomoko's post (#30): while there's still a lot of Sturges ground to cover, fans are hopefully aware of Criterion's two offerings: an excellent transfer of Sullivan's Travels and a less-than-great (fine detail/shadow detail and contrast range suffer, but it's still watchable and enjoyable) transfer of The Lady Eve are both available. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks