Any info on DVD-LA95 (Portable DVD Player)?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by rbirk, Nov 20, 2001.

1. rbirk

rbirk Stunt Coordinator

Dec 26, 1998
    I got my eyes on the new Panasonic portable DVD player DVD-LA95. It looks nice on their web site and has a 9" widescreen display. Has anyone used or looked at this player? Any comments? or is there something else that is similar?
    Ron Birk
  2. David Ren

David Ren Stunt Coordinator

Jul 23, 1998
    I got this player for my birthday about a month ago and I love it. 9" makes a big difference from all those 7" ones. It's small, and sleek. It's even lighter than the LV75 I had before. Has a blue led that glows and steel on the sides. It's certainly the best looking player I've seen.

As far as picture quality goes, it's about the same as the LV75, maybe a bit better. Sound quality is much better than the LV75, and I can actually enjoy watching movies through the built-in speakers.

The only thing I was dissapointed with is the battery time, which is only 2 hours with normal brightness and 1 1/2 hours with high brightness. I prefer one or two notches above normal that's only 1 hour and 50 minutes, not enough for a lot of movies. I can also attach the battery from my LV75 onto it to get 8 hours of play time, but the player becomes too big and bulky.

Overall, this is the best portable DVD player I've ever seen (also check out Sharp's 8.7" one, though I haven't seen it and don't know when It's coming out in the USA).