What's new

Any Improvement Made for SVS Cylinder Subwoofer? (1 Viewer)

lyradWong

Grip
Just read the recent news that SVS is going to revise some of the Box Subwoofers? Do you guys have any idea whether there will be any revise for Cylinder Sub?

Is the Cylinder Sub going to stop manufacturing? Since I don't see any revise on the Cylinder Sub?

I will love to see anyone from SVS to advise here.

Thank you so much.;)

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Lyrad,

The revisions coming to some of the box SVS's are mostly in the cosmetic arena. The PB12-Plus (which has been in revision for several months) will have slightly smaller dimensions, and some changes to the port structure, but it's still a very similar sub to what it was.

The cylinder subs are not being altered, though we're always working on improvements here and there. Most of the time we just implement tweaks and never even make much of it on line.

Certainly there is no plan to phase out our very popular Cylinder Series (CS) or Powered Cylinder (PC).

Ron

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Wow, I've finally caught Ron and/or Tom in a lie!! I KNEW it was too good to be true.....(everyone knows this whole SVS thing is just so big because they're sponsored on this site anyway...common knowledge)

You see, Ron.....if that IS your real name.....I KNOW that you haven't made any so-called "tweaks" to the cylinder subs.....how do I know this? Exhibit A - I owned a PCi 25-31 a few years ago.....and I remember VERY CLEARLY......that it was absolutely, 100% perfect :D

lyradWong

Grip
Hi Ron and Alan,

Thanks for the feedback and I am sorry that I didn't manage to reply you guys promptly.

And I am glad to hear that SVS will not phase out the very popular Cylinder Series (CS) or Powered Cylinder (PC). To me, I prefer cylinder to box sub for the unique looking.;)

Well, what I am thinking is that SVS has came a few of the Box Sub that has different amplication power(from 300~1000watts) or Drive (10" and 12").

Will SVS consider another new Cylinder Sub, example as follows:

1) 12" drive with 900watts BASH amp with the size of 25-31
2) 2 x 10" drive (dual push/pull alignment :D - just my crazy idea) with 600watts BASH amp and smaller cylinder size.
3) 2 x 12" drive (dual push/pull alignment :D - just another crazy idea) with 1500watts BASH amp and size of 20-39.

Maybe another forumer here has more opinions/idea to propose or contribute? (Anymore?):b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks