Any ideas?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Kurt*S, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Kurt*S

Kurt*S Auditioning

I 'm looking to add a integrated amp to my system so I can have multizone capability. I only need three zones. My question is does anyone recommend a amp like that, for under $800.00. Thanks in advance.

2. Nick:G

Nick:G Stunt Coordinator

What are using as your receiver/processor? If it has a controllable 2nd zone preout, you can output to a 6-channel power amp like the Rotel RMB-1066 (60Wx6, high current). That amp is $700. Most receiver/processors with 2nd zone capability will let you choose a different playback source (like a CD changer or tuner) to be routed to the 2nd zone so that you can enjoy watching TV or a movie in one room while entertaining guests with music in another room.

If you actually NEED an integrated amp that can address 3 zones individually (e.g. you need to listen to three different sources on those three speaker zones), that gets a lot more expensive because those devices are often marketed automation companies as "multi-zone controllers." Companies like SpeakerCraft, Elan and Crestron make those, just to name a few. But expect to spend about $2-4k on something like that (most of them have keypad accessories to control source components and volume remotely).