What's new

Any ideas? (1 Viewer)

Kurt*S

Auditioning
Real Name
William Kurt Staley
I 'm looking to add a integrated amp to my system so I can have multizone capability. I only need three zones. My question is does anyone recommend a amp like that, for under $800.00. Thanks in advance.

Nick:G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Gallegos
What are using as your receiver/processor? If it has a controllable 2nd zone preout, you can output to a 6-channel power amp like the Rotel RMB-1066 (60Wx6, high current). That amp is $700. Most receiver/processors with 2nd zone capability will let you choose a different playback source (like a CD changer or tuner) to be routed to the 2nd zone so that you can enjoy watching TV or a movie in one room while entertaining guests with music in another room.

If you actually NEED an integrated amp that can address 3 zones individually (e.g. you need to listen to three different sources on those three speaker zones), that gets a lot more expensive because those devices are often marketed automation companies as "multi-zone controllers." Companies like SpeakerCraft, Elan and Crestron make those, just to name a few. But expect to spend about $2-4k on something like that (most of them have keypad accessories to control source components and volume remotely).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks