What's new

Any ideas on hiding audio components lights? (1 Viewer)

Carson E

Agent
Looks as though my audio racks will be placed near the TV - front of room. Have about 9 or so components so the front panel lights will be a distraction from the TV.
Would like to run from back of room but with almost fifty feet runs (room 28 ft. plus rack to floor and wall board to TV)) of coax, S-vid and composite cables it sounds expensive if using high quality cords.
Also not sure of a 50 feet run of S-vid quality. (and probaly component video in the future.) Already over budget and still have 200 ft. of speaker wire and racks to buy.
So, any tricks to hiding the light from the components...other than enclosing in a cabinet that will not allow proper air flow. Looking at racks with all sides open. I got a few weeks to decide so "any" suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
(My first HT room with 6.1 setup so I want to get it right.)
Again, much thanks.
Carson...

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
For a while I just had an elcheapo modular rack for my dvd collection.I did not want to sit and look at the ugly rack anymore and the dvd's were catching some glare which I found distracting.
Went and got a curitan rod,hung it from the celing just in front of the dvd rack,hung a dark panel on it..probelem solved.
------------------

Trace Ahlers

Stunt Coordinator
I have my rack sitting sideways. The remotes get the signals without a problem and there is no distraction from the equipment.
Trace

Rob_J

Stunt Coordinator
You might want to try using some sort of tinted film to cover the displays (like window tint for cars). I think you can buy the stuff at stores that sell automotive parts. Just an idea, I've never tried it, but I think I heard someone mention it once.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks