1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Any ideas on a center speaker match my Dynaudio Contour MK 1.3MKIIs?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Bobby C, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Bobby C

Bobby C Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

I love my Dynas in my 2 channel set up, but now that I'm going to a HT setup, I'd like to get a center channel. The obvious choice is the Contour center, but it's a bit too steep a price, I'd rather put the money elsewhere. Any suggestions on a good center that would match these beauties?

Thanks,
    Bob

2. Troy R

Troy R Stunt Coordinator

I also own the 1.3mkII and wanted a "cheap" center channel. I found a "cheap" demo Audience line center channel for around $400. It is the Audience C120+ and retailed for about $800. Obviously the 1.3's are better speakers but the difference isn't enough for me to care. They do a fine job together. I'd keep my eye out for a used Audience center channel, which I've seen recently go for less than $400. That way you'll keep the Dynaudio sound but don't have to pay contour prices...

Oh, one more option would be a brand new Audience 42C , which retails for $400...

3. Bobby C

Bobby C Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Troy! Where did you find the used 120? Audiogen or other source?

Bob

4. Troy R

Troy R Stunt Coordinator

I kinda got lucky. About a year ago I visited a friend in Austin, TX who had the Dynaudio 1.3SE. He took me to the audio shop where he bought them. Since I became familier with the shop I checked out there web site every now and then and just so happened that they were cleaning house and had it on sale. So I bought it from them.

A few months ago I saw three C120+'s go for around $300-$350 on Audiogon, but I haven't seen any since and those are the only three I've ever seen on there...

Good luck!