What's new

Any ideas for use of a discarded satellite service antenna (1 Viewer)

Jay Tee

Auditioning
My satellite service upgraded to digital, installed a new rooftop dish and stuck me with the old rooftop hardware that they refuse to remove. At first I was furious but rather than removing it I am beginning to wonder whether or not I can put the old dish to good use, for instance as a free-to-air antenna to connect my set top box to. I have a fully equipped home theater system and two computers with a small wireless network. Anybody have any good ideas?

SteveLeach

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm... I don't know if a dish would work as an over the air antenna. If I had to guess, I guess it won't. As for an alternate use, you could point it straight up, fill it with water and call it a birdbath. :)

RickRO

Stunt Coordinator
Well I was thinking that he could use it as a sled for his dog/cat or at least maybe a wok........sorry could not resist or maybe line it/paint it with a highly reflective material and come up with a solar powered hot dog cooker or...................:D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks