Any idea if Goosebumps is coming to dvd??

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by todd s, Jun 20, 2004.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

My daughter is a big fan of the books and now has seen a few of the episodes. Does anyone know if they are going to come out on dvd? And if it is airing anywhere in the US?

Thanks!

2. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

My daughter is a big fan of the books and now has seen a few of the episodes. Does anyone know if they are going to come out on dvd? And if it is airing anywhere in the US?

Thanks!

3. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

I'd love Goosebumps on DVD. I loved the books as a kid. I never did like the show as much or even as much as Are You Afraid of the Dark. But It was pretty good and I'd defintly get it if released.

I know it was filmed in Canada and shown on YTV here but also on Fox Kids in the States I wonder who owns it?

I know It aired in Canada on YTV from last last summer up until March but I don't know about the States.

4. Jim Beaver

I'd love Goosebumps on DVD. I loved the books as a kid. I never did like the show as much or even as much as Are You Afraid of the Dark. But It was pretty good and I'd defintly get it if released.

I know it was filmed in Canada and shown on YTV here but also on Fox Kids in the States I wonder who owns it?

I know It aired in Canada on YTV from last last summer up until March but I don't know about the States.

5. Travis W.

Travis W. Second Unit

I gave my entire collection of Goosebumps books to Goodwill about a month ago. Kind of regretted it but I wasn't reading them and I'd rather have somebody else discover them again.

I also used to have every episode on VHS when it aired on Fox in the mid 90s. I'd definitely purchase them if released on DVD.

6. Travis W.

Travis W. Second Unit

I gave my entire collection of Goosebumps books to Goodwill about a month ago. Kind of regretted it but I wasn't reading them and I'd rather have somebody else discover them again.

I also used to have every episode on VHS when it aired on Fox in the mid 90s. I'd definitely purchase them if released on DVD.

7. Paul Sandhu

Paul Sandhu Supporting Actor

I remember when the show premiered. I think it was 1995 or 1996. The first episode was the one with the Haunted Mask... Goosebumps #36 I think.

I remember those books.

8. Paul Sandhu

Paul Sandhu Supporting Actor

I remember when the show premiered. I think it was 1995 or 1996. The first episode was the one with the Haunted Mask... Goosebumps #36 I think.

I remember those books.

9. Jim Beaver

Awesome news can u believe it only came six days after this was asked? That's cool

TvSHOWSONDVD just posted this http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1770

R.L. Stine's creepy series of "young adult" books, Give Yourself Goosebumps, came to life on television in time for Halloween 1995, with the Goosebumps television series that was created and hosted by none other than...R.L. Stine! Nine years later, it's back.

On Sept. 7th, Scholastic and distributor Fox Home Entertainment unleashes four chilling Goosebumps DVDs, each sold separately at a list price of $9.98 in the US, and CA$11.98 in Canada:

* The Haunted Mask II
    * Night of the Living Dummy III (guest-starring Hayden Christensen, who went on to play Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episode II and the upcoming Episode III)
    * Welcome to Dead House (based on the very first book in the series)
    * The Werewolf of Fever Swamp

All four stories were double-length episodes when originally aired, and therefore the DVDs should run about 45 minutes each. Fox is combining these offerings with it's 2004 Halloween promotion, which is mostly made up of film DVDs that have been in release for a while, so these might be found in-stores on a special holiday display.

10. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Welcome To Dead House was one of my favorite books ever as a kid!! I remember taking it out from my school's library in grade 4 or 5 and bringing it home. I had to read it with all the lights on in my room, haha! I only watched the TV series with my cousin for the camp value... I remember laughing pretty hard at one episode called "The Tale Of The Dangerous Soup" or something like that. It'd still be fun to see them again though, especially Dead House which I don't ever remember watching. Did they ever make an episode based on that book about the camera that takes pictures of the future?

Btw, I have a huge smile on my face now thinking back to library period in elementary school! Does anyone remember these books...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

These were the scariest f*@#ing books I ever read, I cant believe they made these for kids back in the day! There was one story about this dead man's brains and a haunted house and human sausages that traumatized me to this day, I think I ordered them from Scholastics in grade two and my mom had to hide them in a drawer in her room cause I'd get crazy nightmares. The illustrations alone were wonderfully horrific too. I remember one story about some business man that kept seeing hallucinations of a driver in a hearse telling him "there's room for one more" or something... holy shit that scared me!

These were the best books ever. I still can't look at my neighbors chihuahua!

11. Jim Beaver

Marco the Tale of the Dangerous Soup was an episode from Are You Afraid of the Dark. And yeah they did make an episode of Say Cheese and Die and it's sequel.

12. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Oh woops!

:b

That was the show where they'd all sit around the campfire and tell stories right? That one was way cornier... when did Goosebumps premiere?

13. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

$10 for one episode, that sucks. Otherwise, great news! I think the only one I remember had something to do with plants.