What's new

Any idea if an SE of LOGAN'S RUN is gonna happen? (1 Viewer)

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
My question comes from this quote than appeared in a thread about Superman II:

Is a Logan's Run SE really happening? I can't see it, unless all the deleted footage (or the longer pre-release print shown to test audiences) has turned up.

The longer pre-release print turning up isn't as far-fetched as it might sound, despite the commentary on the original disc stating that the the footage for the longer ice cavern scene, for instance, was lost. A longer print for "Night of Dark Shadows" was discovered in MGM's salt mine a few years back.

Anybody heard anything about this? Logan's Run is one film that would really benefit from having all the cut stuff put back in, especially as the main reason the stuff was cut was just to avoid an R rating.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Plus, it'd be nice to see even more of Jenny Agutter in the longer ice cave sequence!

Added nudity aside, though, there are many more sequences that expanded on the film and would've made it better.

A good place to read about the cut footage is here.

Without a longer cut, though, I don't think an SE would be a good idea. Hopefully, somebody did some digging in the MGM archive!

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor

I believe he has completely dropped this project for Superman Returns.

Whether or not he will go to X-Men 3 once Superman is completed is still un-determined...

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I'd LOVE to see the original opening of Richard Jordan blasting a Runner into a fountain. The commentary says that footage is lost, but snippets of it appear in the documentary that was included on the SE laserdisc a few years ago...

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

Yeah, they were, but I think one of the other "special features" showed a clearer version. It's been a while since I watched the LD...

Heinz W

Second Unit
I would love a SE of Logan's Run, but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon. The current one is pretty good for an early DVD release, I think I bought mine in Nov. or Dec. of '98. Like someone else said, they'd probably only do it as a tie-in to a re-make.

The one thing sorely lacking on the current release are deleted scenes and out-takes. That would be necessary feature for me to re-buy this close to HD-DVD.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I love the movie. Would absolutely upgrade my current DVD if an SE were to pop up one day.

And thanks for the link, Andy. I didn't know about most of these cuts, and now I'm itchin' to see 'em.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Not that it matters, but count me as another one who would double-dip in a new SE of this movie. I only paid like $6.99 for the disc I have now, so I wouldnt have a problem spending more on a better version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks