What's new

Any HTFer's getting Ghost Recon: Island Thunder? (1 Viewer)

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
I saw you on last night Chris, but, your game wasn't joinable, so I wound up in a mararthon motogp2 full sim session. When I got off, you were still on, you must love GR:IT.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Glad to see you guys are playing more... can't wait to meet up with you online! I've started playing public games since I don't always find HTF people online and playing, but if you see me on, send me an invite and after the match I'm in is finished, I will join you.

Peter, glad to hear the story behind your perplexing gameplay the other night! :D

P.S. Island Thunder is on sale this week at Best Buy for $29.99 (8/24-8/30).

ChrisV

Second Unit
When I got off, you were still on, you must love GR:IT.
Yeah, I was playing some co-op with a buddy from Van. GR:IT claimed that when I'm hosting the ideal amount of players is only 2, so I didn't leave any spots open. We're both new to the game, so we had a marathon session to learn the maps and whatnot. Big fun!

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I just picked this game up from BEst Buy for $29.99 so I will start playing as well. I only rented the original for a week so I will by no means be an expert, so bring on the bullets. ;)

Gamertag: Sherifftruman

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Chris, you should experiment with the number you can host... it seems to always recommend very low numbers. Also, restricting the kit to "no explosives" will help keep the lag away.

See you online Lee!

JimColeman

Agent
Hey guys, please add me to your friends list. I'm really tired of playing with a bunch of kids and would like to join with a group of mature players. I usually play weeknights at about 8pm central time.

Gamertag: hitman 66

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Jim,

I totally forgot to add you before tonight's play! Feel free to send me a friend request though, that will ensure that you get added, regardless of my memory capabilities!

Sorry about that!

JimColeman

Agent
Oh man, sorry Jason. I didn't see a message. Was it today? If so, my 10 month old daughter has been keeping me away from the Xbox.:) Any action tonight?

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Is this a complete game or is it intended as a companion to the first Ghost Recon?

I was looking at the two at Walmart today, seems odd that the older one is still 49.99 when 'Island Thunder' is 39.99.

Not having either, which would be the best one to get?

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Brian, if you HURRY to Best Buy (as in TODAY), you can get Island Thunder for $29.99, and save another $5.00 by using the gamers giftcard coupon, making it $24.99.

I just picked it up and it took great restraint not to buy Otogi and Fzero as well.

JCD3nton if anyone wants to help a non-1337 n00b.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Brian, if you are at all interested in the Xbox Live capabilities, than you should definitely pick up Island Thunder. It does have an 8 mission single-player game (with 5 more missions to come via Xbox Live download) but it has a lot more for Live then the first one did. It has about 20 levels and 9-10 different game types you can play. Also, everything is unlocked for Live play right out of the box. There are more guns in the new one as well, and they are great weapons.

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
Hey Jason,

Got your invite last night. Sorry that I didn't accept it. I was currently in a room with a great host and some really cool gamers. Must have played over 2 dozen games with this guy as the server. sorry , bro.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
No problem Armando, we have been having a blast, and as long as our hosting can handle it we always try to invite those on our friend's list. No offense is taken if you don't join though...

Next time you're in a room with a great host and some good players though, feel free to send an invite my way! :D

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
Jason...will do, bro. This guy's server is kick-a$$. He can host 12-14 people with explosives on and still, his server is rock-solid. And like I mentioned, he's a pretty cool and decent host. Those kinds of guys with that kind of server are rare.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I'll probably be scooping it up in early October, I got a demo disc for it, that I just started tinkering with. :)

Kenny Lu

Auditioning
If any of you guys want to add some more players, feel free to add my friend and I:

kehknee
xlpanda

We're always looking for good games to play and have been online since Day 1 of Xbox Live (xlpanda was actually a beta tester). Thanks guys and look forward to playing GR:IT.

Users who are viewing this thread