What's new

Any HTF Members Going To Cedia 2014? (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys
I think this was a real cool technology demo!
Not sure I could tell the difference between direct and reflective...time will tell and a demo in a reference room would help.
The CEDIA show is quite cool but the room really wasnt.....too easy to hear noise from other demo rooms etc.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Sam Posten said:
Someone at CEDIA please slap Epson for me for trying to push fake 4k.
Is there any show report or a summary of the next round of projectors and pricing ?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
From the Projector Reviews report:
The LS10000 uses a pixel shifting technique that Epson refers to as “4K Enhancement” to produce a pseudo 4K/UHD image in a similar manner to what JVC has offered on many of their DiLA Home Theater projectors the past couple of years. This pixel shifting can be used when the projector receives a 1080p signal, such as from a Blu-ray Disc player. Taking this 1080 input, the projector then upscales this to a UHD format with twice the number of vertical and twice the number of horizontal pixels. Thus, the upscaled image now has 3840 x 2160 pixels, but since this is only an upscaled image the actual level or detail present in the image falls short of what you would have with a native UHD image captured at this same pixel count. The LS10000 can also accept an input signal that is at 4K (4096 x 2160) or UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution and in that case there is no upscaling required. Once the projector has either an 4K/UHD image that has been either upscaled or input in its native format, that’s where the processing to use the pixel shifting begins. Note that the 4K/UHD images contain approximately 8M pixels. The projector processes this 8M pixel image to created a 4M pixel sub-sampled image. This 4M pixel image has twice the pixel count of an HD 1080p image but only ½ the pixel count of a true 4K UHD image.
Friends don't let friends pay $8k+ for shitty fake 4k, even if it does have sharks with frikkin laser beams.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There will be UHD announcements for projectors starting in April.I have some details I can not currently share as I used to work wholesale and get my info from the wholesale world. The first show for product will be late spring at a wholesalers convention. Once the wholesalers(and it is like this every year) know about product officially, then it gets shared with retail.One of my jobs, back in the day, was doing the introduction of HDMI itself.We had a demo Yamaha and Onkyo unit for our use a full year before they were released in the wild.(Like the news that Pioneer was bought by Onkyo. Wholesalers knew about it 16 months ago.)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I wish! Can not wait to hear from those who are able to go!

Would love to hear about:
  • New models of Denon receivers with Dolby Atmos, DTS-X and HDCP 2.2
  • New models of Onkyo receivers with Dolby Atmos, DTS-X and HDCP 2.2
  • New models of Marantz receivers with Dolby Atmos, DTS-X and HDCP 2.2
  • Any news on UHD Bluray players and who might have them in December
  • New 4K projectors

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks