1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Any HTD in-wall speaker owners out there? I need advice.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary Tjia, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Gary Tjia

Gary Tjia Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

I am looking at installing 2 pairs of in-wall speakers in my living room and adjoining dining room with vaulted ceilings for background music. I am interested to find out if any of you who had purchased HTD in-wall speakers and what you think of them and how they compare to other in-wall speakers, such as the Paradigm AM series. Since HTD is an online dealer, I am nervous buying it without listening. I like to hear your opinion.

I am interested in HTD W3S - level 3 series. Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Gary

2. Gary Tjia

Has anyone bought the HTD in-wall speakers? Please let me know what you think and how it compares to other in-wall speakers, such as the Paradigm AMS series. Thanks!

Gary

3. Michael Botvinick

Michael Botvinick Stunt Coordinator

Gary I am also very interested in this. Tell me if you find out anything. I am looking at purchasing about 10 in-wall/inceiling speakers. By the way, as i mentioned on an earlier post, I heard the in-wall Definitive Technologies and they were incredible! FYI
    michael
    [email protected]

4. Jeff Aguilar

Jeff Aguilar Stunt Coordinator

Jeff
    I have a set of the level III's inwall's in my formal living room and in the master bedroom. I also have a pair of the round level II in the master bathroom.

It is hard to compare them to other speakers because each room is so different. Once installed, they sound very good. They lack in the bass department (only because in my family room I have 2 SVS 16/46pc's) But they sound crisp and do a great job. For the price, I do not think that they can be beat. I love the fact that I can point the tweeter.

Jeff Aguilar

5. Gary Tjia

Jeff,

Thanks for the input. The HTD Level III in-wall sounds like a good buy.

Michael,

I only managed to checkout the Klipsch SCW-3, KEF, and Speakercraft in-wall speakers this past weekend. Of the 3, Klipsch sounds the best, with a fuller range. However, the Klipsch runs about $400/pair. I will be checking out the Paradigm speakers this weekend.

Gary