What's new

Any HT (klipsch) discounters on the West Coast? (1 Viewer)

Tom Tubbiola

Stunt Coordinator
In doing my research online for my new HT setup I've found a large number of discounters. Almost all of them seem to be in the NY/NJ area. I can't wait another week for my center channel and was hoping I could just drive somewhere. I'm in Huntington Beach, CA which is just south of LA.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,

Try your local yellow pages. Find a couple of authorized Klipsch dealers, and pay a few visits. It has been my experience that Klipsch speakers are highly negotiable in price. In fact, I did better at a fully authorized dealer than I could have at any of the questionable online places.

When I bought my RF-3s and RC-3 at an AV store (name escapes me, this was last year) on 14th and Wilshire in Santa Monica, they had them listed at full MSRP--then $800 per pair for the RF-3s and $400 for the RC-3. There was no way I was going to pay that, so I negotiated for a while with the salesman. I started off just asking about a pair of RF-3s, then I added the RC-3, then another pair of RF-3s, then a receiver (Integra 7.1), all of which I wanted anyway. Each time I mentioned something new, I saw the salesman get more and more excited (he didn't know I was doing it on purpose, he just saw a bigger and bigger sale materializing). We both won--he sold five speakers and a receiver, and I got a steep discount from MSRP. I paid $500/pair for my two pairs of RF-3s, and $250 for the RC-3. I also got a nice discount on the receiver, so if you want to do it all at once and there's a dealer who has everything you want, this is the way to go.

Even if you just need the center channel, if you need a bargaining chip, you can always hint around that you might upgrade other things in the future. Establishing a lasting customer relationship should be important to any salesman, and if they treat you right, you will be back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks