What's new

Any hot sauce fan here? (1 Viewer)

Marty Christion

Stunt Coordinator
I second the vote for Cholula. It is commonly available in grocery stores, and has a distinctive wooden bottle topper. It has an excellent taste, and packs a light kick without causing pain. I use it on everything, to my wife's chagrin.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Isn't that stuff the best Marty! They sell it here in those little bottles, as well as a gallon jug, so I get the gallon, YUMMY.

I had a friend who is a hard core hot sauce guy, and I have never seen a guy eat so much frickin Pure Cap!!!! Man, his nose would not stop running, but he took it surprisingly easy, I wasn't gonna try it though, the waiver to eat it scared me off!

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
I go straight to the source. I just add cut and sliced raw habaneros, Thai peppers and/or jalapenos into my food, YUMMY!!!

Chris Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Endorphine Rush is very good but not even close to the heat the Daves Insanity (or even better, Dave's Insanity Private Reserve, comes in it's own coffin I have a bottle from his 1998 stock).

But none of these match up to Possible Side Effects, simply the hottest sauce I've ever had that had any kind of flavor to it at all. Great sauce.

I have at least 35 bottles of hot sauce of all different kinds in the fridge. For everyday spice, I like simple Red Hot. To go really hot, I use Dave's or Possible Side Effects. Otherwise, it is just what mood I'm in at the time.

TedE

Stunt Coordinator
Another vote for Cholula; my number one everyday sauce. Although garlic Tabasco is pretty damn good too.
Another good hot sauce site: www.peppers.com. And if you are ever in the Rehoboth Beach, DE area check out their store (it's in the outlet mall leading into town). Picked up a great chipotle/habanero sauce last time (don't remember the name). You could sit there for hours trying to decide. It's mind-boggling. The Starboard restaurant in nearby Dewey Beach is owned by the same folks. How about a Sunday brunch Bloody Mary bar with a couple THOUSAND sauces to choose from :)?

Michael Marklund

Stunt Coordinator
Gentlemen,

I'll throw in my vote: Blair's 2AM. Got this at Hot Licks in SanDiego. Cool store that sells a ton of salsa and salsa stuff. Had gotten DaBomb previously. Blair's 2AM is 7 times hotter (on the Scovill scale) than DaBomb!! Had to sign a waiver to buy it. It looks like pitch black oil on top of thick habanero seed stuff on the bottom. Bottle is only a couple of ounces and there is a skull sealed into the lid with wax. Yousa!

MM

Andrej Dolenc

Stunt Coordinator
Mmmm, hot sauce. Love the stuff. But for me, a hot sauce has gotta have flavor. Just pure pain hot is not what I'm after, it's gotta taste good. The 2 bottles which I keep in the cupboard right now:
Tabasco Habanero sauce and
Melinda's XXXX Reserve

Tabasco is great, not kill your stomach hot but tastes awsome. Melinda's isn't quite as spicy but a bit more fruity of a flavor.

Andrej

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Hot sauce rules, too bad my wife doesn't agree with me so I can't make stuff too hot.

As for what's the best kind, who knows, Hot = good IMO. Tabasco is great stuff.

Brian

Shawn C

Screenwriter
http://extremefood.com/
I use Blair's After Death sauce. We add 1 drop to our meatloaf and it completely changes the taste, yummy!
There is a Blair's 3 A.M. and a 5 A.M. sauce now.
5 A.M. Reserve
This is it my Chili head friends... Each bottle is handmade Sighed and numbered. Filled with a World record breaking 6 million Scoville unit Oil then sealed with White and Platinum Wax from Italy. Topped off with a Red warning label. This is a sure collector Piece for the most Diehard Chilihead... Feel ALive!!!!

ollie_k

Stunt Coordinator
I vote for Chalua sauce as well, its the secret ingredient to my bloody marys. My wife and I love that stuff, good flavor, right amount of heat. Best on scrambled eggs too.

This year I'm growing my first veggie garden, aside from the usuals, I'm growing Red Cowhorn Peppers, hopefully I can make my own sauce with them.
:b

KyleS

Screenwriter
Blair's certain side effects is definetely the hottest sauce I have had the pleasure (I mean pain) of trying. Damn stuff nearly killed me. I took it to work and was putting pin size drops on my pizza when a friend came in a covered a slice with it. Before I had time to stop him he chomped in spit it back up and ran furiously to the bathroom. He didnt come out for about a half hour his shirt was drenched with watter and he threw up multiple times. To this day he doesnt touch a single bottle of hot sauce I bring in to work :D
KyleS
Blair's has a lot of hot sauces that are not as hot but have some really good taste behind them and you cant go wrong when you get a free skull key chain on the top of each bottle. :emoji_thumbsup:

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Heheh...That's why I use the After Death Sauce. It's DAMN hot but at least it still has some sort of flavor to it.

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
OMG...I have bottles of Mad Dog 357 and Possible Side Effects in my home and those are damn hot. I can't even comprehend what that Blair's 5AM would be like :eek:
Anyway, I LOVE spicy foods.
Aaron

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Dave

SPicy mayo is the best sandwich condiment I ever had. Adds bite and flavor to most any sandwich. I find it tastes the best on a steak and cheese grinder.

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
My favorite has to be tapatio. It's got a decent kick to it, but you can slather it all over your food, best of all, it tastes awesome.
I never understood the super-hot stuff, that you can only use a pin prick at a time. I guess it's meant to be used in recipes, so you don't kill yourself. Plus you really get your money's worth. I think I just answered my own question.

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
I am a huge fan of hot sauces and I love to try new varieties. My main three in no particular order:

Tabasco - I love the tang and while it's not very spicy it tastes great with foods such as chili, burgers, etc. and I love it mixed with ketchup on eggs.

Matouk's Calypso Hot Sauce - My favorite hot sauce by far. Great flavor and I can use enough of it to really enjoy the taste without killing myself. I use this sauce on anything from pizza to Indian food...especially pizza.

Blair's 2 a.m. Reserve - This is not a sauce but an ingredient. Anyone that uses this stuff as a sauce is in for the ride of their life. I dip a toothpick into the deadly looking bottle and use that for spicing the hell out of soup, rice, or other sauces. I have added 2 a.m. to all my other BBQ sauces with great results.

Time to get something to eat!

- Jeff

Bill Eberhardt

Stunt Coordinator
I go straight to the source. I just add cut and sliced raw habaneros, Thai peppers and/or jalapenos into my food, YUMMY!!!
I bought some dried habaneros and crushed them. I put them in a little shaker bottle like crushed red pepper. It's good for adding a little heat without altering the flavor of the dish. Be very careful about using your fingers to crush a dried habanero. It's difficult to remove the residue - you may discover it hours later when you touch your eye or some other part of your body. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks