What's new

Any hope of an 'Outland' re-issue? (1 Viewer)

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I'm awaiting any type of update myself also. One of the films if it were released properly with of course extras I'd buy it on release day. Here's hoping.;)

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Someone posted about which movies would motivate you to buy the next format: Outland and Rocketeer would be a good start.

Nice DVDs would be fine too...

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Maybe Warner will do a Sean Connery box set to include this movie, along with a non-flipper, remastered THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING...

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I rarely do this but....any word on this getting a new release with a new transfer? I mean if they finally did it with Blade Runner and Forbidden Planet then I say OUTLAND should be next in line, and I'm not even asking for some spectacular SE treatment either...just an acceptable transfer is all I ask ALA'Blade Runner's recent re-release (until later this year that is).

Come on Warner Brother's it's been 10 FREAKIN YEARS! Give OUTLAND a new transfer!

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
I have the R4 which is anamorphic. The image is a bit grainy, but my guess is that is because they pushed the film a bit given some of the under exposed scenes.

One thing I did appreciate was the 5.1 sound track, a really good mix.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
From what I remember, (I sold it...) it was essentially unwatchable on my mac dvd players-- the picture not seem stable at all. The P&S "version" might have been better. I watched it on my oppo 971, which slightly improved the viewing experience, but it still looked awful.

The trailer was 16*9 enhanced.

An interlacing bug, coupled with awful picture quality, cliches, and the absurd "explosive decompression." Not a great film. If it had a decent transfer, it would be less of a disappointment, perhaps even enjoyable, but a 2 disc SE is a bit much.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Who's asking for that? I just want a decent transfer for this flawed space western (the decompression stuff was amusing but the use of shotguns in outer space was just as funny as well as our "hero" willfully decompressing whole sections of the greenhouse, thus endangering the entire complex and anyone who "might" have decided not to hang out in the bar.....this film has many lapses in logic but I love it anyway).

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
There was a behind the scenes featurette that aired on cable around the time Outland was in theaters. It would be nice if they could include it on a future remastered disc.

John H Ross

Screenwriter

The R2 Outland is pretty decent - not great mind you, but decent. The 5.1 mix is outstanding.

For some reason the 2.35:1 image was placed on the screen a lower than centre which p*sses me off a little. I feel like I'm "looking down on it" rather than watching it.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks