What's new

Any Hope For These Recently Canceled Shows? (1 Viewer)

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
In addition to Trial By Jury, I'd consider Jack & Bobby, which I watched until Alias premiered midseason. I'd like to see how the show developed/ended. I might also consider Eyes.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Hey Dave or Gord any idea if any of these are coming out or has a chance? Have you talked or heard anything from the studios?

DanHaya

Second Unit
Ok, I know that I'm going back a season from the list that's been mentioned, but put me down 150% for Karen Sisco!!!

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator
I would love to have L&O: Trial by Jury on DVD. Especially so we can see the "lost" episode explaining Briscoe's death on the show. sniff sniff

I also think that considering the crappy way the show was dealt with, it might help bring a higher viewing audience than NBC did, which might help re-generate interest in the show. I know that ElijahS is with me on this one...

cheers, MIchael :)

EDIT:
This just in from "The Futon Critic" and other sources:
LAW & ORDER: TRIAL BY JURY (8/3)*
Air Date: 8/3/05 (WEDNESDAY)
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on NBC
Episode Title: "Eros In The Upper Eighties"

Wednesday, August 3 2005

LAW & ORDER: TRIAL BY JURY --(9:00PM-10:00PM) --(TV-14)

"Eros In The Upper Eighties"

KIBRE PONDERS MURDER CHARGE WHEN HOMELESS MAN IS KNOCKED DEAD BY DOORMAN-TURNED-HERO -- In the interests of justice, A D A s Kibre (Bebe Neuwirth) and Gaffney (Amy Carlson) may be forced to prosecute a doorman (guest star Lothaire Bluteau) who's been publicly lionized as a hero after warding off -- and killing -- a homeless man after he attacked a frightened woman (guest star Tristine Skyler) who lived in the building However, even though the grateful victim thinks the dead man was her tenacious stalker, Kibre's case rests on convincing her that the would-be hero staged the event and actually is her true stalker Fred Dalton Thompson, Kirk Acevedo and Scott Cohen ("NYPD Blue") also star

See http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/li...=20050715nbc11

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator

Jack & Bobby was a good show. Not a great show, but a good show. I stuck with it all season long. If there were some Schlamme commentaries and the price is right, I would probably pick this one up. But I will admit that the story line got lost/was less tight for about 6 episodes in the middle of the season before it re-found its footing. This happens to freshman shows, granted, but I expected more.

This show might not come out because it was such a huge "possible" success when it first came out and it so quickly crashed and burned that The WB mgiht be embarassed about its mishandlings of it. But my guess is that it will eventually hit the shelves.

cheers, Michael :)

Jamie Middleton

Stunt Coordinator
I would love to see committed come to dvd. I really cant see why NBC cancelled it and renewed the office instead in the first place. Also I would like to see LAX and Hawaii come to dvd they were great as well.

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator

Well, in my opinion, because Committed wasn't at all funny. The jokes and the storylines were just off. They had a clown living in a closet, which I never understood. It's just odd. The only surprise about it's cancelation is that it didn't happen soon enough.

The Office at least had a fresh new feeling to it. It wasn't witty funny but it was satirical and off the wall. I didn't love it but at least will continue to watch it next year. And "The Office" is coming onto DVD. Here's the Amazon.com Link

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator

The too bad part is that I really tried to get into the show. And there were some cute moments, but it just needed a stronger storyline and to not have the clown. I couldn't get past that fact. I would rather have had Marni be quirky and the male lead be more neurotic than have the zany factor of "the clown".

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Well, at least both of the leads are going on to what look to be stronger series.

On the TBJ point, since "Eros" has been announced, I'm hoping that this will possibly lead to high enough ratings for a second season shot. In any case, though, the inclusion of this in the aired episodes should mean we at least can get all 13 episodes on DVD at some point in the near future. If the series is released, I also hope they include the crossover episodes of L&O and SVU. Bringing the episode total up to 15 would make it even more of an incentive to buy.

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator

Here here. I think that Law & Order should make a concerted effort to include all of its cross over episodes whenever possible. (On a slightly off topic note, I would love for them to include the H: LOTS crossover episodes in the L&O set so that I don't have to buy three different seasons of that show just to find out how it ends.

But I hope that the high watch rate of "EROS" will help a USA capture of S2 or at least an NBC re-think.

cheers, Michael

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
To be honest, with the critical slamming that Inconceivible and Surface are receiving, and the less-than-stellar reviews for E-Ring, it seems that NBC might be in need of something to fill in at least one of the timeslots within the first few months of the 2005-2006 Season, and I hope that a failure by one or more of the shows results in a new season.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Committed was truly awesome, a really funny show that sadly didn't get to continue. I'm crossing my fingers for a DVD eventually. I'm so glad NBC kept The Office though.

LizH

Second Unit
LAX: A&E's "Airline" is MUCH more entertaining.

Jack & Bobby: Strip away the Presidential angle and you basically had "Everwood" (Read: Family In Crisis)

Kevin Hill: Taye Diggs was cute -- I'll give it THAT. :emoji_thumbsup:

The Mountain: Snowbound "O.C."

Method & Red: Dumb beyond belief. :thumbsdown:

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
Strictly on the subject of releasing recently failed shows to DVD with a limited number of episodes...

Looks to me like there wouldn't be that much of a cost involved since they shouldn't need to be re-mastered/cleaned up. Sure there are production costs and distribution, but the distribution channels are already in place. I would think that especially if there are un-aired episodes to include with a show like Eyes or several of the others mentioned it would be a way to recoup a little more production cost money off of a DVD release.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
What about a recently cancelled show that already has its first season out? Of course I'm talking about American Dreams, and I'm worried that we may not get the other two seasons!!!

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Well, considering all the other Law & Order DVDs that are being released, I would hope they give us Trial By Jury.

a few other short-lived shows I'd like to see:
The Days!!
Philly
First Monday
10-8 Officers On Duty
Charlie Grace
Dellaventura!

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
out of all those shows that were listed only Law & Order: Trial By Jury has been released would still love to own some of these on DVD including Listen Up, Medical Investigations, Blind Justice Committed, Quintuplets, Eyes, LAX and The Mountain possibly the others too

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks