What's new

Any hope for these 20th Century titles on DVD?? (1 Viewer)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I wonder if there is any hope for these 20th Century Fox titles?

WKRP in Cinncinati (everyone knows about music rights
mess with this show)
Mr.Belvedere
Rhoda
The Fall Guy

No one seems to talk about the last three. Are they a lost cause??

Haden

Supporting Actor
Yeah I'm surprised the Fall Guy isn't already out on DVD like other similar shows during its time.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member

I'm actually more interested in this than I am in Mary Tyler Moore. I used to have a crush on Julie Kavner. :eek:

John*P

Second Unit
Now, I would love to see Mr. Belvedere on DVD. Its an underrated 80s sitcom IMO, but I don't see Fox releasing it...it seems more like something Shout!, Image or Rhino would release.

I'd also like to see Small Wonder on DVD, but again, that would probably be released by one of the independent companies instead of Fox. Then again, you never know...

I remember Shout! Factory saying in an e-mail that they were getting several requests for Small Wonder on DVD, so I'd say there was hope for that show. As for Mr. Belvedere, I can't see why that show wouldn't be released someday.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
John, interesting that you mention Shout. I am not familiar with them. Personally, I think you are right about FOX releasing this, my philosophy is that I don't care who releases these shows, as long as someone does!!

Rob, gotta agree with you on this one! I enjoy watching Rhoda much more than MTM. I had a crush on RHoda! She was hot in those early episodes!!

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I liked this show as well, but I think the chances of it coming out on D are at best a long shot. The reason is that MTM had a difficult time of it on DVD, at least season 1, here's hoping season 2 does better, but I think given that, it is unlikely this will be released. Heck, this could appeal to an even smaller audience than the MTM DVDs did. I'd say the best chance is if the future seasons split of MTM sell well, then the better they sell, I'd say the better the chance but still a long shot.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob

I'd buy the first three seasons of this, before it went off the rails and got really ridiculous.

John*P

Second Unit
Hey, Dan. FYI, Shout! Factory has released three excellent DVD sets so far: Freaks and Geeks: The Complete Series, Punky Brewster: Season 1 and SCTV Network 90: Vol 1. Also, I think they're bringing Undeclared to DVD next year. Good stuff...

Matthew Green

Stunt Coordinator
HA...Undeclared...I went to school with Timm Sharp who is IN Undeclared...He made it in acting and I didn't...Oh well...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks