What's new

Any hockey fans here? (1 Viewer)

CaysonE

Grip
The worst part about the latest lockout for me is the knowledge that I will no longer have a "local" team when all is said and done. Its a bit of a hike for me, but my brother and I managed to see several Panthers games every season since their inception. The Lightning may take longer to crumble since they are the most recent Champs, but they are even farther away. The Panthers don't have a long and storied tradition or even much success at all, but I have enjoyed watching them play and I'm proud to call them "My" team. Over the last few years, they have been getting better and seem to have been building towards something great. Now, who knows if I'll ever be able to catch a live hockey game without having to grab a plane? :thumbsdown:

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
Panthers had a good core to build on; Jokinen, Luongo, Bouwmeester etc. I went to see them a few times in West Palm Beach, hopefully they'll survive the lockout.

I wonder what will happen with Atlanta; Heatley, Lehtonen, Kovalchuk, that's a lot of superstar talent in the makings there.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I think the Bruins should just play some home games in Ft. Lauderdale, like the Celtics did (do?) in Hartford. :D

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Well the US are out of the tournament, so any hopes of the medal games being shown on TV have been erased. Canada moves on, though, so congrats to them. The Americans lost on shootouts after a 10-minute OT, which is talked about as being instituted in the NHL, when play resumes. I think this is a BAD idea. It's extremely unfair. Hopefully full 20-minutes sudden-death OT will be kept for playoffs. I can't imagine a team winning the Stanley Cup because of a shootout... :thumbsdown:

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I don't like to see a game in a team sport decided by such an individual effort (an luck) as a shootout.

But keep in mind that the World Cup has been decided by shootouts.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
Instead of reducing the number of men on the ice, they should remove a piece of goalie equipment after every five minutes of OT. First remove the goalie stick, second the blocking glove, third the catching glove.

That should take care of ties and eliminate the ridiculous shootout.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Ok with the upcoming season approaching and all the moves being made off of the ice im very excited about hockey this year. My only question is how am I going to watch it? Does anyone have any idea what channels are going to be showing games? I just saw that the OLN network picked up a contract after ESPN declined it. So is that it or do we get somebody else showing games? I dont get OLN.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks