Any help in Delaware?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by DaveRiley, Dec 28, 2003.

1. DaveRiley

DaveRiley Auditioning

I'm looking for some help locating a specific receiver (Pioneer VFX-53TX). In Delaware, preferably, to save on sales tax, but I'm in the Philadelphia area so if anyone could point me in the right direction of a retail store in that area that might sell them? I'm having quite a time finding anything that isn't a Circuit City or Best Buy.

Any help?

2. DanMcVicker

DanMcVicker Auditioning

you could try Tweeter on 202 next to sullivans steak house. Or on kirkwood Highway next to best buy. Or Hi Fi house on 202 also which is next to concord pet on the north bound side. there is also another home audio place just before the McDonalds on the north bound side of 202 just after fairfax shopping center. One of them should sell it. If you get off the concord pike exit (202) within 2 miles you will come to the first place just before McDonalds. Another mile down the road or so is Hi Fi house also on the same side of the road. Then another 2 miles down the road is tweeter also on the same side of the road.

3. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Does Tweeter even carry the Pioneer Elite gear anymore? I thought they cleared Pioneer out about a year ago from their stores.

4. DaveRiley

DaveRiley Auditioning

Actually Tweeter DOES carry them, I checked yesterday, but at the unbelievable price of $900-1000. I went up to New York and picked it up for $650 + tax. The six hour trip was worth saving the cash.

5. DanMcVicker

DanMcVicker Auditioning

Im pretty sure they price match. They are way over priced though.

6. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

I've never had much luck with price-matching at Tweeter. Most of the time, they'll just try to offer you 0% financing. You might be able to get them to knock off $100 - but, $400 could be stretching it a bit.

However, since I'm also less than 2 hours away from Delaware, I'd like to find out if there were good vendors in the state. For me, it would be worth the drive to save $100+ on taxes for larger purchases.

7. DanMcVicker

DanMcVicker Auditioning

Like i posted in another thread the Hi Fi house so far has been pretty good to me. They quoted me at 695 for the Yamaha RX-v1400 and also offered me good deals on other products. Hopefully by next month I will be purchasing my receiver and possibly a few other things from them.

8. Mike_J_Potter

Mike_J_Potter Second Unit

You might also want to consider ordering it through mail order. I live about the same distance from Delaware as you except for I live in maryland. I found a place that had a deal for free shipping and the vendor was out of state so no sales tax either. Not to mention a lower price then the local stores. My total cost for the same equipment I just ordered would've been about 1300 if I went to delaware, and it only cost me 825 to get the same stuff delivered to my doorstep, not to mention I didnt have to spend any on gas/tolls ect of taking the drive, and didn't have to deal with any pushy salesmen.