What's new

Any good Writer's Forums? (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Besides watching movies, playing games, and playing hoops with friends, I occasionally write some short stories. I'm also working on a book right now.

I was curious to see if any of you folks are part of a writer's forum.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I take it nobody has a good idea where I can find a good writers' forum?

Besides Stephen King's book On Writing, any other good sources?

John Watson

Screenwriter
I guess a lot of people at a site like this are like Chauncey Gardner " We like to watch" :)

Seriously, I just entered "writers guides and groups" on a Google search, and it said there were 130,000 entries for that. You might get lucky there.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I am! I am! I am!

Saturday Night You

If you want to take a crack at sketch writing, we're always welcoming new people to the site.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Check out my writer's portfolio to see the kinds of things I write!

Bob Movies

Stunt Coordinator
If you're interested in scriptwriting, the Done Deal screenwriting forum covers anything and everything screenwriting related.

It's the closest thing to the HTF for screenwriting that I've found so far. I don't like those Yahoo! groups too much, I don't like the message navigation interface at all.

Of course, it's not HTF quality, so sometimes you'll get people replying to threads just to spit out a sarcastic answer rather than help the poster. Still, it's got a few good discussions going.

http://pub130.ezboard.com/bdonedeal

MikeHAP

Auditioning
Not really a question regarding Writer's forums specifically, but does anybody know of a site that tracks the sales and author representations of a particular agent? I've submitted my manuscript proposal to several agents using the 2003 Guide to Literary Agents and finally got a bite from one who wants to see the whole book. However, the agent is a new listing (but states his agency was founded in 1994, and is based out of Sacramento, CA) and did not really disclose anything to the Guide. I'm curious about his previous successes, but a name search didn't turn up anything on Publisher's Weekly website, and I'm looking for other avenues. Now the Guide offers a bunch of to-do and do not suggestions when signing with an agent after they've agreed to represent you, and my curiosity appears to fall within this parameter. So, does anybody have any suggestions?

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks