Any good suggestions???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Tilley, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

I need some suggestions for something. I work at Meijer's & have gotten the go ahead to set up a display to demonstrate the difference between P&S & WIDESCREEN. First off I will be useing two TV's of the same brand & size, Also two DVD players of the same brand. The only thing different is the fact one set up will be playing a P&S movie wile the other will be playing the same movie in WIDESCREEN to show the difference between the two.

Ok so hers what I need. I need to come up with something crafty to actually explain what they are looking at. It will need to be something short & sweet that people will easily understand. I will be putting this on a small piece of poster board next to the TV displays. I have thought of a few different things to do but I thought maybe someone here would have a better suggestion.

Hay ya gotta think its pretty cool when a store like this lets you do something like this. It is just one store but hay its a start, if it some how actually helped there DVD sales it could possibly get done at more stores. Meijer is another store that buys P&S movies first & only gets the OAR versions if P&S is not ava, Ya never know maybe it could catch on & they would buy more OAR movies instead if this works out.

Thanks for any help & suggestions.

2. TyC

TyC Stunt Coordinator

"Original Theatrical Presentation" and "Cropped Presentation"

3. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

since you should probably stay family friendly with your dvd choices, I suggest using The Neverending Story.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

In my signature is a squarish green link to the Widescreen Advocate site (the "No OAR = No $ale" thing). Look at their downloadable materials and see what you can use in-store!