Any good promotions w/ installation?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    After a failed attempt to purchase a DSS through 6th Ave (and after dealing with a stupid salesdroid and a store who had the Sony A55 and an RCA 480 on display, however, the salesperson failed to mention that you actually get a B55 or a 420, neither of which contains a digital audio Output. So I got my money back)
    My question is there any good deals on a multiroom system with installation on receivers with a DD output? I saw one atwww.dbsdish.com which used to be a good DSS info site, now it seems to have gone ecommerce. but it included a single room system + free installation. However, an "additional aux dish package" would have to be bought for a multisystem setup which it didn't say how much..
    Jay
    ------------------
    HUGBEES! My Equipment List
    Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
    Wanna help?

2. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

I did some quick checking recently for a friend and the best deal that I found was for a Sony SAS-A55D/B55 package from Orbit Satellite . This is a 2 receiver package with one receiver having Dolby Digital. The price is $129.95 and they have free professional installation although it looks like you'll have to pay to have the second receiver hooked up.
    [Edited last by Tim Markley on July 11, 2001 at 03:52 PM]

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Hi Tim, actually Orbit Sat is exactly where you wind up when you click onwww.dbsdish.com... DBSDISH was a great place I found on the HTF long time ago for news about the satellite systems, but now I guess the owner quit or changed URLS and now it's basically takes you to Orbit Sat's website...
    I've considered that offer, but shall wait until I can ask a few friends who are to be hooked up sortly and see what kind of deals they got..
    Jay