Any good places to talk about books?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Andy Sheets, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

I've recently been looking around online for some good forums on books but it's been difficult so far finding good, active sites. I guess it's because reading is such a personal activity that unless you're talking about very popular or trendy novels it's hard to find people who actually know what you're talking about. Like, you go to a fantasy/sci-fi-oriented forum and it's easy to chat about George RR Martin or Robert Jordan because *everyone* reads those guys, but try talking about CL Moore and you'll get crickets chirping [​IMG] Unlike films, which are more communal...more people have seen the same stuff so it's easier to make connections.

Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations for good sites to yak about books? [​IMG] Preferably classics, pulp fiction, crime, horror, fantasy, sci-fi...?

2. Lynda-Marie

Lynda-Marie Supporting Actor

Andy, have you tried to find the author's website? I belong to one for my favorite author, Janny Wurts, and it is pretty lively.

3. Darren Lewis

Darren Lewis Supporting Actor

4. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

Thanks! I'll check it out [​IMG]