What's new

Any Good Online Rental Services Besides Gamefly (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I recently signed up for Gamefly.com but since apparently their only distribution center is in CA and I'm on the East Coast, the turnaround time is brutal. Anyone know of any other good online rental services. Preferably with a D.C. closer to the East?

dmillertime

Auditioning
Real Name
Deron Miller
Since you didn't to into detail, it could be that you're just impatient or are unwilling to adjust your gaming habits to fit with online renting.

All I can say is that switching to someone else is not the answer cause as far as selection, cs, and overall value go, gamefly is the best hands down. If you're going to rent online, you're going to have to deal with the vageries of mail service (no deliver on sunday, holidays, delays in service, etc.) That's just the way it is. Just like anything else, every benefit you recieve comes with a cost. For me, the benefits of renting online far outweigh the costs. But then I have made minor adjustment so that I could rent online and not have any problems.

While their west coast dist. center is often mentioned as a problem, I found that gamefly competitors who are supposed to have more centers actually performed worse (I live in the philadelphia area.) And it kinda of makes sense when you think about it, since mail is flown cross country from a central distribution center where all the mail from that area goes to first it stands to reason that whether a letter is coming from your town or across country it's probably not going to be more than a day's difference.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I've used Gamerang.com & was perfectly happy with the service & the turnaround times to TX were better than GameFly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks