Any good non-fiction paranormal/occult/ghost DVDs?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Dane Marvin, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

I'm having a little get together at my place and I was wondering if anyone had seen any good DVDs out there relating to ghosts, hauntings, paranormal activity (such as spontaneous combustion, etc.), or occult-related things.

The best result I've seen so far is a DVD called "America's Most Haunted Town". The reviews at Amazon are pretty split down the middle on it (my overall impression is that it's good if you think orbs are exciting). The rest of what I've been able to find are mainly cheapo Madacy releases or Alien/UFO-type stuff, which I'm not interested in for this occasion.

It's a "Wisconsin Death Trip" themed party, but that won't be released on DVD until February (couldn't even find a VHS listing). Looks like we may have to go with some Twilight Zone episodes or some old horror movies, but any help would be appreciated!

2. MartinTeller

MartinTeller Screenwriter

[​IMG]

3. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

The Subject Line is an oxymoron and makes my head hurt.

Does James Randi have any DVDs?

4. TedT

TedT Second Unit

way to have an open mind!

You can find some cool documentary stuff for real cheap in the Best Buy or Suncoast "special interest" sections.

5. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

Thanks for the suggestions, Martin and Ted!

6. Pete L

Pete L Agent

There's a 2-disc A&E set called The Unexplained. It focuses on four phenomena: Vampirism, Spontaneous Human Combustion, Poltergeists, and Heroism (under the title 'Extreme Sacrifice').

DDD has it for a little over $11 shipped, but here's a link to its listing on Amazon, so you can read the reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd