What's new

Any good link or recommendation for HomeMade Speakers stand? (1 Viewer)

Phil_Lunar

Stunt Coordinator
I want to make my own speakers stand but I want to make them the right way!

Any good website about this or any good advice?

Phil

mike_decock

Supporting Actor
Sand-fillable steel posts and spikes on the base. I was playing around with the idea of doing them myself and finally decided to just buy a pair myself. You could get the stands welded at a local welding shop (they should have the steel plates/tubes) and then you would need to take it to a machine shop to make threaded holes for the spikes. I gave up trying to find spikes to my liking.

-Mike...

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
Boy that sounds like a lot of work. I don't know how formal your room is, but my HT is in a basement room, so I didn't need anything fancy. I went to one of those organization places, bought some stackable plastic crates, stacked a few on top of each other, put the speaker on top, then filled the crates with HT magazines. It doesn't look that bad from the front, it only cost me $20, and I got extra storage at the same time.

mike_decock

Supporting Actor
It doesn't look that bad from the front, it only cost me $20, and I got extra storage at the same time.
LOL... That's cool. I think the sand-fillable steel thing is the "best" way to go. I dumped $250 into my speaker stands (Studio Tech SC-24)... That's more than half what the speakers themselves were but I figured they would last me a long time.

I've heard of some people using those big 12" tubes you see on construction sites, attaching MDF tops/bottoms and filling them with sand. Probably the least expensive way to do a "serious" stand.

-Mike...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks