Any good free JPG slideshow / screensaver programs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vince Maskeeper, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I thought it might be cool to add some theater feel to the HTPC equipped theater, to put together a "before the movie" slideshow like you have in the modern multiplex.

I thought about doing it in Powerpoint, but found it would be easier for me to just make full screen JPGs and show them that way.

I also figured that it would be a cool way to present family photos for get togethers.

Unfortunately, I haven't found any decent freeware applications. I have lview pro, and the unregistered version gives "unregistered" tags on the JPG slideshow.

So any decent freeware programs that can do JPG screen saver or better yet, slide show with custom settings for timing.

-Vince

2. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

Both ME and XP have this built in. What are you running?

You can customize the effects, point it to a certain folder, change the time between pics, etc.

Beyond that, I'd look at Webshots.

Todd

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I'm running 2000.

4. Geno

Geno Supporting Actor

thumbs plus from Cerious Software, is a great thumbnail organizer and has slide show functions.

5. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    ACDSee also has slide-show functions too... [​IMG]

6. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

7. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

I use Irfanview for all of my jpeg viewing & manipulating. It's very easy to use, but allows you to do quite a lot, including slideshows & generating html for a webpage with thumbnails. You can also view mpeg's, avi's, & mov's with it. (& much more...it's free)
    -Dan B

8. SteveBjr

SteveBjr Stunt Coordinator

I'll second ACDSEE, i absolutely love this program. It loads pictures faster than any other program i've ever used and it comes with some nice features.

9. Darren Lewis

Darren Lewis Supporting Actor

Jasc's Media Center Plus will allow youto create slideshows of JPGs and other types of media too.