Any good enclosure plans for a SAE 1204?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Jeff Braddock, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Jeff Braddock

Jeff Braddock Second Unit

I am pretty set on building a sub when I finally get some money together and I think I want to go with a Stryke SAE 1204. Does anybody have or know where I can find some good plans for a front firing, vented enclosure (tuned to the 18 - 20 Hz region)? I have looked on the Stryke website, but to no avail. I have also emailed them about this and some other qestions, but have not recievd a reply after about a week. Thanks for the help.

2. JimPeitersen

JimPeitersen Second Unit

Jeff,
    Just give it a little time. John (Stryke) is very busy, but he will get back to you. To give you a ballpark idea, the 1204 works in boxes a little smaller than the Adire Shiva (they are very close, performance wise.) You really can't go wrong with this driver.
    JP

3. John E Janowitz

John E Janowitz Second Unit

Hi Jeff,

I had a computer crash at the shop. I ordered a new laptop which will have all my order processing software on it soon. It should be here by the end of the week. In the meantime I'm trying to recover lost info and catch up on a week worth of email.

In any case the two most popular SAE1204 designs have both been 3cf boxes. The one would be vented. Tuning to 22hz with a 20" long 4" diameter vent gives an F3 of 22hz.

The second is the 3cf Thunder12 cabinet with dual 1400 gram 15" Pr's. This tunes to right around 20hz with a 20hz F3 point.

There isn't a whole lot of difference between the two. A little better extension and higher output capability with the dual PR design.

John

4. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

John-

Just make sure your laptop isn't your only computer, or even your main computer. I have a friend who bought a Dell laptop a year or so ago and it has issues with overheating, and he and I wonder about longevity sometimes, even though Dell makes some very solid laptops as laptops go. Make sure you have some kind of fixed disk file server or something, some computer that uses the big kind of hard drives (3.5") and can adequately cool them and keep them from getting bumped or jarred with a large amount of force, for protection of your data. Perhaps just get something like a stripped-down Dell OptiPlex GX270 midtower and put hard drives in it, and keep your records on that.

5. MattD

MattD Stunt Coordinator

First rule of computing
    -> Back up your data

Second Rule of computing
    -> Back up your backup

Lather. Rinse. Repeat

[​IMG]

6. Jeff Braddock

Jeff Braddock Second Unit

Thanks John. That sure does suck about your computer. I figured something must be up because your company has a great reputation on the web.

I'm sure I will have many more questions before it is all said and done.