What's new

Any good DVD review sites? (1 Viewer)

Tom Martin

Stunt Coordinator
i'm trying to find a website that you don't have to pay to join where they have good information on DVD production qualities picture, sound etc. anyone know of any?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
This one, for starters. The latest reviews can be found in the top right column of the front page, and a link to archived reviews is there as well.

DVD-Basen is a great database of DVD reviews for all regions. If you're looking for the easiest way to find multiple reviews of a DVD, this is the place to go.

Iver

Second Unit
DVD Angle is good. Not the most sophisticated reviews, but very thorough in breaking down all the DVD-specific features.

Also, the BBCi Entertainment section has a DVD reviewer, Almar Haflidason (unusual name, good reviewer), who is reliable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk

Nick_Scott

Second Unit
My favorite is www.dvdmg.com

Actually, I don't always agree with the movie reviews, but Colin is EXTREMELY consistent, which is what I consider the most important....

nick

George Gutt

Auditioning
I'd also highly recommend DVD Movie Guide's Colin Jacobson, his reviews are excellently written. David Williams', however, can be skipped.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I'm a big fan of Doug Pratt's DVD Laser site. I just wish he'd come out with an updated edition of his fantastic review book.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks