What's new

Any good documentaries on how TV shows get made out there? (1 Viewer)

Don Black

Screenwriter
The documentary on the last disk of "Friends: S5" was the best one I found to date but I was still dying to learn more. So I was hoping something might exist in the less commercial indy arena. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I recommend keeping an eye on the Trio cable network. They have some specials called "Brilliant But Cancelled" that go over the conception and early stages of bringing a show to television. They also did some specials that spent an hour behind the scenes of one episode of a series. The one I remember was behind the scenes of "Andy Richter Controls the Universe" and was very interesting, but there is at least one other special that aired around the same time. Also, several years back, PBS ran a special called "Anatomy of a Homicide" that went behind the scenes of the series "Homicide"

Don Black

Screenwriter
Derek: I caught the Andy Richter special on Trio which was pretty good but dealt more with writing than anything else. I guess I liked the Friends doc b/c it tried to include everything from foley artists, to mixing, to music, to props, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks