What's new

Any good deals on Cancun vacation? (1 Viewer)

Joey Skinner

Second Unit
Wife, two kids (12 and 13) and I are planning a trip to Cancun(or somewhere in the Yucatan area). I'm overwhelmed by all the online package deals. We are thinking about an all inclusive with airfare from Dallas TX. Anyone know any great online offers or should I go to a travel agent? I'm a newbie at this and any help would be appreciated.

Brett_H

Second Unit
Joey,

My wife and I leave for the Riu Yucatan on 6/29. It's south of Cancun in the Playacar/Playa Del Carmen area. It's our first time to the area but from what we understand it's supposed to be more laid back than the Cancun area. Some sites that were of help to us were the "Playa Board" in reading reviews and Travelzoo to search for deals. Also, Tripadvisor has tons of reviews by regular travelers, so you can get a feel for the different resorts.

Leroy

Second Unit
I've always gone through my travel agent. But you can go to Funjet Vacations website and pretty much make up yor own package with airfare, hotel and transportation if you want it. Normally I would say you don't need to rent a car, but since you have small children with you you may want to. Those taxi/bus drivers are nuts!!!

All inclusive is the way to go IMO, especially with kids. I know there is tons of stuff to do and that you might want to go ahead and pre-pay for your tours and such right when you get to your hotel. I've done this everytime I've gone to Cancun. I'd pick one thing to do per day, so that way I'll always have something different to do everyday and the rest of the time if free to explore.

Good luck and have fun!

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Joey - I own a timeshare at the Mayan Palace which is just south of Cancun on the beach. It's a very nice 2BR/2BA and I have a week available that I'm not going to use. This is not an all-inclusive resort, which I prefer, but there are restaurants on site. It has a full kitchen in case you wish to do your own cooking to save a little $$. Cancun and Playa Del Carmen are both just a short drive away from the resort. If you (or anyone else) is interested, I will rent it to you for a good price. Just drop me an email at [email protected]. I'll be leaving for Maui on Sunday (6/20) and be returning on 6/27 in case I don't get back to you right away.

Joey Skinner

Second Unit
Thanks for the replies. I ended up going to a travel agent and booking an all inclusive trip through Funjet to Playa Del Carmen.

Joey Skinner

Second Unit
Thanks for the replies. I ended up going to a travel agent and booking an all inclusive trip through Funjet to Playa Del Carmen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks