What's new

Any good deals on blank DVD's? (1 Viewer)

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Those Fuji discs are excellent! 20 clams for a 50 pack is a great deal. Until recently, I never saw the Fuji discs on sale.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
How do the Fuji disks compare to Ritek (Ridata) media? I've been using their 4X DVD-Rs, along with Apple branded DVD-Rs and have had a coaster free existence.

Thanks,
Ted

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
I actually experienced some issues with the Ritek's a while back (2x +R's), but have had ZERO problems with the Fuji +R's (8x). No coasters whatsoever.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
anyone know of any deals on the DL's (dual layers)?
so far, 3 for $25 is the best ive seen- a bit too rich for my blood

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I just picked up a 100 spindle of Taiyo Yuden 4X -Rs from supermediastore.com for $35.99. Free shipping.
They are one of the few discs that my finicky Liteon 4x drive, and the players in my house, all like.:)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter

Read the reviews on those discs on that site, and most eveyrone is complaining about them. Some people get consistent coasters, but even the people with luck are getting an unacceptibly high amount of coasters.

My rule of thumb is to stay away from generic media, especially when dealing with DVDs.

Robert Wainwright

Stunt Coordinator
Be careful with those huge spindles. You don't want to get stuck with 100 crappy discs. Sales are usually on 3rd or 4th class media. Heck, I used to think that Memorex made a good product until got some of their DVD+Rs. Not really the stuff I want to preserve my family memories on.

Here's a good site to brush up on blank DVD media. It will also link you to some tools to help indentify the inferior product.
http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks