1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Any good deals on Axioms in Ontario, Canada (Niagara Falls or surrounding areas)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Choate, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Dave Choate

Dave Choate Auditioning

I'm looking to make a trip to Canada (live east of Buffalo) to pick up some Axiom M3s/M22s. Has anyone gotten any good deals at any of the retailers in the Niagara Falls, St Catharines area?
    I'm aware of www.audioshop.on.ca, but I'd like to just drive and pick them up (and hopefully get them a little cheaper). Thanks!

2. Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson Second Unit

Dave, you may want to try Electronic Super Market in St. Catherines. I purchased M3s there last July, but beyond their floor model, the pair I bought was their only stock. I strongly suggest a phone call first (905-684-2388).

Cheers.

DS.

3. Dave Choate

Dave Choate Auditioning

Dave, can you tell me what you paid for those M3's (in $CDN)?

4. Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson Second Unit

Sure thing, mate. I paid $300CDN plus 15% gst/pst; total was, of course, $345. I may have received a "special" price, not sure (as I live in Toronto, they were actually purchased for me by a friend, whose wife works with the store owner's wife, or something, blah, blah, blah...). At any rate, the M3s were only $298 +tax this past December on www.audiotronic.ca (Dumoulin, for our friends on the east coast), but they've since dropped Axiom, I believe. I imagine ESM can do just as well for a motivated customer. Just call first to ensure available stock, and best of luck. Cheers!
    DS.
    P.S. I also purchased a first-quality pair of M60s last month for only $700CDN +tax from Replay Electronics here in the city. It may be worth the drive to Toronto, just be sure to call Replay before you make a wasted trip; their stock seems to fluctuate wildly.

5. Dave Choate

Dave Choate Auditioning

Dave, thanks again for the info. I called the ESM in St Catherines and they wanted $399 (+ tax) per pair for the M3s. Not a good deal. Audiotronic indeed does not carry Axiom's anymore, so they're out.

The price you got on those M60's however is fantastic and would definitely be worth the trip to Toronto. Can you tell me if that was their regular price or did you have to haggle with them to get that deal? If so, how long did it take to get them down that low? I'd hate to get up there only to deal with a salesman who wasn't willing to "work with me".

Thanks again for your help!

Dave

6. Dave Choate

Dave Choate Auditioning

7. Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson Second Unit

Dave,

Hard to believe, but the price I paid for the M60s was arrived at with no haggling, and over the phone, to boot. I had originally intended to buy blemished models, and they'd've been $650, but they weren't available at the time I was ready to buy, so first-quality M60s were offered for only $50 more. What a shame for me. I suggest you call the store and talk to George, but be explicit about your needs: model, colour, first-quality or blemished, terms, etc, so that you only need to go to his store once (it ain't the prettiest stereo store you've ever been in, and that's just one way they keep the prices down, I assume). And do yourself a favour by inspecting the goods before you pony up your dough. Best of luck, and cheers!

DS.