What's new

Any further Individual Universal Legacy Series Horror releases? (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping there will be re-releases of "Bride of Frankenstein" + "Invisible Man" + "The Wolf Man" in the Universal Legacy Series of releases just like the prior 3 releases of "Frankenstein" & "Dracula" & "The Mummy"! Is there any hint about these titles getting the Legacy Series treatment? THX!
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
might be something lined up with the new Wolf Man remake on the release schedule

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Psycho was just released in October along with two other Hitchcock classics. The Birds should be consider for the Legacy Collection.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Now if only the studio would reissue all the Universal franchise sequels as double-feature discs, we'd be set.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan

The sources for these transfers arn't very good - I fear that Blu-ray would only show up the faults even more.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Just put them all out in an affordable collectible fashion so that we don't need to own fifteen copies of Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, Invis. Man, etc. to have all the franchise films! They should release EVERYTHING in one complete set like they recently did the Abbott & Costello moves...

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB

Universal did this already! The Legacy Collections (not to be confused with the more recent Legacy Editions) compiled all the films for each monster:

Dracula: The Legacy Collection (Dracula, Dracula (Spanish version), Dracula's Daughter, Son of Dracula, House of Dracula)

Frankenstein: The Legacy Collection (Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Son of Frankenstein, Ghost of Frankenstein, House of Frankenstein)

The Mummy: The Legacy Collection (The Mummy, The Mummy's Hand, The Mummy's Tomb, The Mummy's Ghost, The Mummy's Curse)

The Invisible Man: The Legacy Collection (The Invisible Man, The Invisible Man Returns, The Invisible Woman, Invisible Agent, The Invisible Man's Revenge)

The Wolf Man: The Legacy Collection (The Wolf Man, Werewolf of London, Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man, She-Wolf of London)

Creature from the Black Lagoon: The Legacy Collection (Creature from the Black Lagoon, Revenge of the Creature, The Creature Walks Among Us)

That's six collections, a total of 27 films, still in print and easy to find (and pretty affordable). I see no reason to release these films yet again in some all-encompassing set. I'd much rather see Universal focus on the classic horror it's never released on DVD.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
The problem with those Legacy collections is that they are on DVD-18's, and can have various problems. I watched THE MUMMY'S GHOST around Halloween, and the picture started freezing near the end-something that didn't happen when the sets were new. I would like to see a new set made of these films on one sided DVD's-or, preferably, Blu-ray.

Deco King

Grip
Real Name
Muir Peter Hewitt
See my other thread about Bride Of Frankenstein , I'm really hoping for a spooktacular Bride Of Frankenstein transfer for its 75th Anniversary outing in 2010 in , hopefully a BluRay makeover!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks