Any fresh news about "Malcolm in the Middle 2" ?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Patrick Soucy, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Patrick Soucy

Patrick Soucy Second Unit

My god... The first season was released in October 2003... Do you know anything about a release of the season 2? This is my favorite TV Show, and I can't understand why it take so long! Just change the pop music, I don't care about that, I want the show released on DVD!

2. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

Still no word, but it IS due to music rights.

I agree, change the pop music and let it out. This would be the last season I'd buy anyways... I feel like it got stale when Malcolm got too old.

3. Gabe D

Gabe D Cinematographer

I disagree. I am willing to wait as long as there is hope of using the original music.

4. John*P

John*P Second Unit

Well, if Fox is definitely going to release the subsequent seasons with the music intact, then I'll wait awhile...but if they're not sure whether or not they're gonna pay for the music...well, I'd rather have Malcolm DVDs with altered music than no Malcolm DVDs at all.

Look at season 1: some of the scenes just wouldn't be the same without the original pop music intact.

Pilot: "Pencil Rain" by They Might Be Giants
    Rollerskates: "We Are the Champions" by Queen
    Funeral: "Stuck in the Middle with You" by Steeler's Wheel
    Smunday: "Spiraling Shape" by They Might be Giants
    Water Park: "Fernando" by ABBA

Well, when Malcolm hits syndication this Fall, I'm recording all the episodes, that is for sure. Sure they'll be trimmed a bit for commercials, but the music should be intact, and those tapes will tide me over till the other seasons are released onto DVD. (I was hoping that by the time Malcolm hit syndication, I wouldn't have to watch it, because of the DVD sets...) I really wish Fox would make the remaining Malcolm seasons a top priority...I wonder if they have an estimate of when S2 will be released? By Christmas 2004 would be nice, but I doubt it'll happen. Didn't someone from Fox say in a chat that with Malcolm in the Middle, it was a matter of "when not if" they would pay for the music? I wish I had an estimate of when they're going to pay for it...

5. ChuckOso

ChuckOso Auditioning

TMBG may be the most used band on Malcolm (in addition to the theme.) They just seem to fit the program so well.
    It is something how long it has taken and still no season 2. I agree that most of the music is important to the story.

6. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

I agree, I can wait for this one if they get the music cleared. However, I might change my tune if the question becomes

Release it without the music
    or
    don't release it at all