Any free flight mode in Ace Combat 4?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Derrik Draven, Nov 5, 2001.

1. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Dec 7, 1998
    I've been messing with this game for an hour or so and, to my utter far...I've yet to find a free flight mode like in the Dreamcast's Ace Combat 3!!!
    Please don't tell me that, with all the absolutely gorgeous graphics in this game, that there isn't anyway to simply fly around and enjoy them?!!? A player is forced to do only the missions????
    That would be unforgiveable for me and, cause for me to immediately return this product.
    I've already found that taking off and landing is totally arcade. Hell, you don't even have to drop the gear.
    Kinda bumming here. Having a hard time accepting the possible fact that Namco made this drop dead gorgeous sequel and then, "dumbed it down" from Ace 3.
    I realize that this is NOT a pc flight sim and, wasn't expecting a hardcore sim-like product. BUT, if this is all there is, it certainly has been reduced, in a certain aspect, from Ace 3.
    Anyone know if I'm missing something here?
    "...better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it". - Slater, True Romance
  2. James St

James St Supporting Actor

May 8, 1999
    Derrik, once you beat the game it will unlock the free and trial modes. With only 18 missions it shouldn't take that long to beat.