What's new

Any football being broadcast in HDTV this year? (1 Viewer)

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I know that last year there was a college game every week that was broadcast in HDTV but I didn't have my HDTV receiver yet. What about this year? I haven't heard anything about HDTV football for this season, pro or college. All of the major sports should be getting broadcast in HDTV by now. It's amazing how long it's taking the networks to do this.

Scott DeToffol

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott DeToffol
CBS is showing some of its SEC college games in HDTV this year, including:

"CBS Sports kicks off its 2002 College Football schedule with a classic intrastate rivalry as defending National Champion Miami takes on Florida on Saturday, Sept. 7 (5:00-8:30 p.m., ET) from Ben Hill Griffin Stadium in Gainesville, Fla. "

Jeff Williams

Stunt Coordinator
It's been rumored and unofficially confirmed by some high ranking ABC guys that the Super Bowl will be in HD. Hopefully we will find out soon.

Jeff

Alex-C

Screenwriter
If the Super Bowl isnt in HDTV, then what is the point ????

I mean, its the #1 watched event of the year...it needs to be in HDTV ! There shouldnt even be a question.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
I just sent an email to my sis-in-law who works at ABC in L.A. If I find anything out I will let you know. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
It's about time they show the SB in HD! If they do, the SB party will definitely be at my house this year. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks