What's new

Any Florida DIYers? (1 Viewer)

HeatherM

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking for a box or sonotube for a 15" Tempest. I am also interested in a DIY 5.1 satellite speaker kit for HT surround sound. The problem is I am not good at building stuff. I was wondering if any Florida DIYers would be willing to build these for me for a fee? The Tempest enclosure is my main concern for me as I am giving it as a gift.

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
Get someone locally to build a sonosub enclosure for you, id charge you around $120 ($70 for parts and $50 for labor) with no finishing if you were near me.

Anyhow Id recommend a 24" Sonotube and a 6" port with an EBS alignment.

You can finish it yourself by glueing on some vinyl simulated leather around the tube and painting the endcaps and feet with satin black latex paint, sand first then roll it on the caps with a small roller for nice finish.

All told you should be able to do it for under $200 if you can find a helper.

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in Vero Beach. I've built a Tempest and a pair of Eros but I wouldn't hire me to do the job though. However, a friend of mine is opening a cabinet shop for his dad. I can hook you up with him.

Where are you in SE FL?

HeatherM

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone help me. I haven't gotten a response from someone who could build this for me. I will pay.

AjayM

Screenwriter
I've got a sealed tempest enclosure that I'm looking to get rid of. It's about 175l in size, has a cutout in the front and back for the amp stuff (regular plate amp size in the rear, the front was a small set of dials for gain and x-over frequency). It's straight, and has a VERY rough looking paint job on it (semi-flat black spray enamel), with some work it could be made to look very nice.

I'd give it away for free if you want it (I want to rebuild the enclosure, and it would be easier than ripping it apart). But keep in mind, it's big and it's ugly (it sat in a dark corner, so I wasn't concerned about it's aesthetic value).

Past that, open up the phone book and call some custom cabinet makers, I'm sure you can find one that will do the job for you for a lot less than you would think.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Heather,

You can check out www.hometheatertalk.com and go to the DIY forum. There are quite a few DIY'ers there from Florida, although most seem to be in the Tampa area. Those guys may be able to help you out.

HeatherM

Stunt Coordinator
AjayM: I am interested in your enclosure...

ALL others: still looking,please help

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks