What's new

Any feedback on JM Labs' Chorus 706 and CC700? (1 Viewer)

Paul Chalk

Stunt Coordinator
I listened to the Chorus 707 last week. It had a decent high end and the mid-range was pretty good, but the bass wasn't that great. It's a decent speaker but overall I wasn't too impress with it. I haven't heard the 706 or the CC700 so I can't comment on them.
If you’re able to, listen to the Cobalt series. Now those are great speakers. I listened to the Cobalt 806 and the 826 last week as well. The tweeter on the Cobalts kicks some serious butt. They are very revealing, but they aren't bright. Seems hard to imagine but it's true. I don't know how Focal was able to design such a tweeter. The midrange is excellent and the bass is quite good as well. The 806 was able to produce deeper bass than the 707, and the 707 is quite a bit bigger.
I've been listening to a lot of speakers the past few months and I believe I'm going to buy the Cobalt 806. I think they’re that good. Other speakers I listened to include Paradigm Reference, Klipsch Reference, Energy Veritas, Totem Acoustic, B&W 600 series, and Dynaudio Audience. The Cobalts blew most of those speakers out of the water. Definitely give the Cobalts a listen. I can't recommend them enough. :)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I listened to the Chorus line a few days back. The were driven by a H/K 520 receiver. In a smaller listening area, the receiver was turned up to nearly "0" and things didn't seem too loud for me. Does the Chrorus line have a low level of sensitivity which means that more power is required to drive them?

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator
The 706's are good speakers, they do cause some colorization with some sources, but its up to the opinion of the listener. Here's a good Stereophile review... I like them, but I no longer have them, since my old amp fried them.
Jmlab Chorus 706

Paul Chalk

Stunt Coordinator
I listened to the Chorus line a few days back. The were driven by a H/K 520 receiver. In a smaller listening area, the receiver was turned up to nearly "0" and things didn't seem too loud for me. Does the Chrorus line have a low level of sensitivity which means that more power is required to drive them?
When I listened to the 707's, they were being driven by a Bryston B60 rated at 2x60 watts. They were plenty loud with the volume turned to 9 o'clock. The room was approximately 15'x12'.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks