What's new

Any fans of ZipZaps? (1 Viewer)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Anyone here using ZipZaps? What are they? Pocket-sized remote control cars being sold by Radio Shack. Each car has a built-in rechargeable battery that charges by snapping the vehicle on top of the RC controller. A full charge is good for a few minutes running time. The cool thing is it only takes 1-2 minutes to fully charge again. You can buy them in different models and can purchase "performance" kits for them with faster motors, upgraded "suspensions" and different tires. They also come in two different frequency ranges so you can race them. I saw a lot of them showing up in the office and finally decided to see what the big deal was. Well, I had to try five different Radio Shacks before I could find them in stock and now I'm officially hooked. At $19.99, these things are selling like hotcakes and I think they'll be a huge seller for the upcoming holiday season. Perfect price point. I'd like to see them come out with another frequency or two and a few more body styles (they had some sort of commercial tie-in with The Fast and the Furious for the "performance" bodies.)

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
One guy where I work bought two of them and brought them in. Now almost everybody has them.

Char Bit G is another brand. You can really do a lot with these. Saw on one site where they had taken the car apart and used the motor and steering bits and adapted it to a small balsa wood airplane. The darn thing worked!!!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Cool, those are cheaper than the CharBitG's ive been seeing... Looks fun, wonder if they got them in canada

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks