1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Any fans of Elbow here?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter Mazur, Feb 16, 2002.

1. Peter Mazur

Peter Mazur Second Unit

I picked up their debut "Asleep In The Back" last week and have played it several times now. On www.allmusic.com they describe themselves as "prog without solos". I think that is a good description. They are really good...mellow. I'm not sure who I would compare their sound to.
    They are on tour now. I wanted to see them, but they are not coming to San Francisco. Oh well, maybe the next tour they do.
    Anyway, I would recommend you check them out if you like quieter, dreamy kind of music.

2. Brian Bunn

Brian Bunn Second Unit

I have the CD and like it very much. It took a few spins to really get into it...but after a few turns it really starts to click.

If you like Elbow, by all means check out Starsailor's "Love Is Here", also from England. More "quieter, dreamy kind of music".